· Registered
1959 Cadillac, 1980 Cadillac,Former 2005 CTS-V; now a 2009 V
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UUC lines
Hawk pads
Rotorwork rotors

:)

I've just barely broken 150 miles since getting them, so i haven't had a chance to do any heavy breaking, except this morning, where i did a 90mph --> 0 stop, hard. It smelled HORRIBLE, but stopped pretty well. :)

i think they look a lot better too.

installation was a pain, but props to Josh at Autograf and one of his guys working till 9 or 10 at night, it was a success. apparently the flange on the back line kept splitting or something like that.

· Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks great!

Are the slots/holes drilled the same angle on Both the drivers and passenger sides?
Yup. This isn't one of those "one program in the CNC for all 4 rotors". All 4 slots/holes 'lean forward', if you know what i mean.

In fact, i ran outside and took a video of it. Sorry about the light - it's dark and i had a little LED flashlight, but it shows you all 4 wheels, so should answer your question :)

· Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
why even bother? the stockers look better anyway...
oh yeah? why's that... is it because you have them?
stop being a tool... in my opinion, i think your black grille with the chrome edges looks ugly as hell, but you don't see me saying that.
Either black out the grille completely, or not at all.

Anyway, since this is my car, I personally think these look better than the stock rotors. Seems several people here agree with me.

· Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
You're not on an island, hooray for you. :crybaby:

For one, I don't value your opinion. And two, I wasn't talking to you, so mind your business. And three, stop contradicting yourself. Either say you're going to take the high road and do it, or don't.
?
I don't value your opinion either. You seem like a real dumbass, judging from your posts. So stop posting in this thread you tool.

and contradicting myself? get the hell out of this thread if you're not going to contribute anything to it other than annoying the hell out of people.

· Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
i don't know man, i've heard nothing but good things about slotted and/or drilled rotors. Sure if they're cheaply made, or not treated, they're prone to cracking under high intensity applications (i.e. track), but you see them frequently on track cars. All supercar manufacturers - Porsche, Bugatti, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, they all have slotted/drilled rotors.
Two weeks ago in the texas mile, every car that did over 230mph (which, as far as i saw, were 2 porsches and 1 supra) had cross-drilled or slotted rotors, and they have to brake from 235+mph to ~25mph in a little over 1/4 mile, and that's the hottest brakes will get out of probably any track application. Sure, after 2 runs their pads are toast, but i didn't see any cracked rotors - except one of the Shelbys that did 205mph.

· Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
This isn't an ebay company, and the holes aren't drilled the same way for left and right rotors...look at the video I posted at the end of page1 or beginning of page2.

So far I'm still thrilled with them, and it's been a week :)

· Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
it's nice for everything on the car to be symmetrical, uniform. i agree with him that while there wouldn't be any performance difference, sure, it would bug me knowing (and seeing) that the slots/drills are one direction on the left, and another on the right.

· Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Another reason not to run them. For looks only - no performance gain. Probably lost braking performance if any. :stirpot: :hide:
i couldn't help but notice you have V embroidered mats in your car...

what's the performance gain on those again? or is it purely cosmetic... ;)

· Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
not when you look at every high-performance vehicle in the world... porsche, lamborghini, ferrari, etc, and then realize they all have cross-drilled and/or slotted brakes ;)

...probably not cosmetic.

· Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
I don't think the Porsche rotors are drilled, buy casted probably with better material.

That's why they don't crack as easily.
Norm
i'm sure they're made of different material, but almost every porsche i've ever seen comes stock with drilled rotors. carrera GT, carreraS, etc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.