Registered
1959 Cadillac, 1980 Cadillac,Former 2005 CTS-V; now a 2009 V
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UUC lines
Hawk pads
Rotorwork rotors

:)

I've just barely broken 150 miles since getting them, so i haven't had a chance to do any heavy breaking, except this morning, where i did a 90mph --> 0 stop, hard. It smelled HORRIBLE, but stopped pretty well. :)

i think they look a lot better too.

installation was a pain, but props to Josh at Autograf and one of his guys working till 9 or 10 at night, it was a success. apparently the flange on the back line kept splitting or something like that.

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
1,627 Posts
Very nice setup.

I had my UUC SS brake lines installed last summer and recently opted to go with the OC Autosports Cross-drilled and Slotted rotors (actually should be receiving them by week's end) that another forum member posted a favorable review on.

Also, I am having trouble deciding if I will go with the Hawk pads from Luke or if I should try the EBC Yellowstuff pads (something different).

I am always interested in how these aftermarket rotors are going to hold up. Keep us posted and good luck.

:D

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, Powered by Chevrolet
835 Posts
Too bad Brembo no longer makes rotors for our cars. I had part numbers and two retailers said that Brembo discontinued them. I'm reluctant to buy the AC Delco ones since they warped but I'm more afraid of the 'unknown origin' rotors.

·
Registered
05 CTS-V / 06 Escalade
1,059 Posts
I have the Centric Rotors as well, but only slotted... I purchased them from Porterfield Race Brakes in So Cal - and they swear by them for Racing Applications - They are made in the good ol USA They have been GREAT! No issues what so ever, and I do alot of heavy braking, and stop and go driving. Even using HP+ pads which are a bit more abrasive.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I have the Centric Rotors as well, but only slotted... I purchased them from Porterfield Race Brakes in So Cal - and they swear by them for Racing Applications - They are made in the good ol USA They have been GREAT! No issues what so ever, and I do alot of heavy braking, and stop and go driving. Even using HP+ pads which are a bit more abrasive.
I got an email from Centric specifically asking about their plain surface (no slots, no holes) rotors and they write: "These rotors are designed to be OE replacement rotors. They are not designed for racing use. ... These rotors are manufactured in China to our specifications."

Centric part numbers are:
Front: 120.62075
Rear: 120.62076

·
Registered
05 CTS-V / 06 Escalade
1,059 Posts
I got an email from Centric specifically asking about their plain surface (no slots, no holes) rotors and they write: "These rotors are designed to be OE replacement rotors. They are not designed for racing use. ... These rotors are manufactured in China to our specifications."

HUH... Interesting - Maybe I didnt get Centric then - I just assumed they were because they look similair to the ones in the OP just without the Holes.

I was told by Porterfield that the Rotors I purchased were made in the USA, and would be Perfect for Racing Applications

Also your email was for the Plain Surface style - I wonder if it defers for the Slotted, or Drilled? Plus if they are manufactured to OE specs then they should be more than enough for a Few Track Days.

* Found the Email from Wendy at Porterfield -

Subject: RE: Cts-V Brake Rotors
To: [email protected]
Date: Friday, January 16, 2009, 10:06 PM

Slotting is an extra $30.00 per rotor. By premium they are a high quality cast iron rotor. We never guarantee brand’s but they are from north America or Europe as that is where we get our rotor from.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts

:eek:hnoes:

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, Black
2,165 Posts
Chinese lead toys FTW

·
Registered
1959 Cadillac, 1980 Cadillac,Former 2005 CTS-V; now a 2009 V
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks great!

Are the slots/holes drilled the same angle on Both the drivers and passenger sides?
Yup. This isn't one of those "one program in the CNC for all 4 rotors". All 4 slots/holes 'lean forward', if you know what i mean.

In fact, i ran outside and took a video of it. Sorry about the light - it's dark and i had a little LED flashlight, but it shows you all 4 wheels, so should answer your question :)

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts

If anything, I hope some of you realize we aren't just saying buy from Luke to make sure you get quality rotors. You can indeed buy rotors that are cheap and will fail with track use...

·
Registered
835 Posts
I'm sure all the rotors mentioned may be good for the street but the track is a whole different story even if it is just a 'spirited driving' event. All you guys that run your V at the track, what brand rotors are you using?

·
Registered
Platinum 2004 CTS-V
4,914 Posts
Nice video, and thank you!! I should've bought those. It drives me nucking futs that the GM rotors are drilled the same way. It looks retarded if you know they are like that.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts