Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2007 CTS 2.8L
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Found some rims on craigslist and purchased them on Monday, they were bought new last summer so only used for one summer...Paid $800 for them. They are MSR 087 wheels 20x7.5 with +40 offset, fit great and look amazing, they came with Toyo Extenza hp tires in 245/35/20. Heres a quick pic, will get more tomorrow.

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
Found some rims on craigslist and purchased them on Monday, they were bought new last summer so only used for one summer...Paid $800 for them. They are MSR 087 wheels 20x7.5 with +40 offset, fit great and look amazing. Heres a quick pic, will get more tomorrow.

love it...i was actually looking at a set of those in silver for my STS but they are on extra long back order with every company that carries them

·
Registered
Check out my CTS here: http://www.fquick.com/FL01SS
1,651 Posts
I like it. Not too much, not too little! And chrome is a pita! I'm about to trash mine for some polished ones!

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
looks good, i actually looked at those rims last summer.
andrew he is right, they are machined, you can also buy them in chrome, black chrome(i think this rim has that option), and i think just polished.

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6 Black on Black 1SC
493 Posts
Found some rims on craigslist and purchased them on Monday, they were bought new last summer so only used for one summer...Paid $800 for them. They are MSR 087 wheels 20x7.5 with +40 offset, fit great and look amazing, they came with Toyo Extenza hp tires in 245/35/20. Heres a quick pic, will get more tomorrow.

Your car looks excellent - great deal for rims and tires...

OK all you Dub guys, I know I was bustiig the last guys chops who posted a pic of his new 20's - But I have to ask...Why does ride002000's car look like it sits so nice on these 20's, whereas the guy I was busting on looked like his car was ready to go off roading with that suv ride height? Is this car lowered, if it was I would think he would have mentioned it right? Is it just the different stack suspension that makes that difference?

·
Registered
05 CTS
1,395 Posts
Your car looks great with those rims. you should tint those windows and your CTS will look great IMHO. :D you could have a 40 - 50hp increase if they had white window tint.

scatt, I don't think it is lowered from how it looks in the picture. It does look good though.

·
Registered
2007 CTS 2.8L
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys...Tint is right around the corner, just bought the car 3-4 weeks ago and already got rims and did a Double DIN install. And no it is not lowered, stock height on FE1's. No way I could lower it being in Detroit area, the roads are horrible. And I think I got a littlle too excited and put the rims on too early...we have about 7 inches of snow outside when yesterday at noon we had none.

·
Registered
2013 Premium CTS4 Wagon
187 Posts
I dont know how I feel about the wheels from this angel, but I would defiantly recommend that you do a drop asap.

·
Registered
2007 CTS 2.8L
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I dont know how I feel about the wheels from this angel, but I would defiantly recommend that you do a drop asap.
Everyone that says to lower the car, STOP...I will not lower this car nor would I lower any car I own, it is low enough. I live in Michigan (15-20 mins west of Detroit), if you have ever been here you know how the roads are, they are $hit and will not subject the car to more abuse than it already is taking by lowering it and bottoming out every time I drive it. I have to be careful now just with the 20's on so that I dont bend a rim, scratch it up or gouge the hell out of them. I also drive this car year round, tho I will put stock rims on for winter, it will be rendered useless if dropped, if we get any amount of snow I would be pushing snow with the front of the car and would be going nowhere. The car looks great to me and others have agreed, so please do NOT recommend destroying my car by suggesting to lower it. This is not a show car, it is a daily driver and I want it to last as long as I can. THE END

·
Registered
none yet
187 Posts
I like the wheels. Just need to get rid of the orange markers and get some tint. Also remove the front plate holder.

·
Registered
2007 CTS 2.8L
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I like the wheels. Just need to get rid of the orange markers and get some tint. Also remove the front plate holder.
Yup tint is coming, would like clear fogs but right now I cant see paying $220 for them, and dont have the space/tools to make my own. I will get some clear side markers soon, I also want to get a rear spoiler and roof spoiler as well. All will come in due time. And the front plate is riveted on so Im waiting until it warms up to drill them out and get some plugs for the holes.

·
Registered
none yet
187 Posts
Sounds good. I have the roof and rear spoiler. I love them, changes the look of the car greatly. I tinted my orange front markers and left the fogs clear for the HIDs. But I have a black car so it is a cleaner look. Not sure how tinted fogs would look on your car. I would remove the plate ASAP though. 10 minutes job.

·
Registered
2007 CTS 2.8L
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yea I know it wont take long but I dont have a drill at my apartment, took it back to my dads house when I moved, which is 4 hours away. So until I get another drill wont be happening. Im not sure about the tinting of the fogs, think it will look out of place. I did have them tinted on my black 04' CTS but dont think it will look good with the white diamond pearl.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts