Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BobCTS I know u recently got one, how much was it and what mods did you have to do to attach it correctly??

Thanks

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
It's called a A/C condenser seal in the GM parts computer. PN 15242081. It runs about $35 at GMPD. It fit's all CTS's since it simply snaps in place on top of the grill. It has two extra holes where push-pins go on the V grill. I ended up drilling them into the top plastic part of my stock CTS grill and put the push-pins in for a more secure fit.

Overall its a very nice upgrade to clean up under the hood. I can't believe that Cadillac put that flimsy rubber one on our CTSs at the factory.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Over in the CTS-V thread there is a group buy that includes carbon fiber radiator covers. I'm sure youre not ready to pony up the $300+ or so but some of those guys are. So far I've only found one member (SBONES) wanting the radiator cover, and I've already spoken for his old one. That would be a good thread to watch though.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54865

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
odysseus said:
It's called a A/C condenser seal in the GM parts computer. PN 15242081. It runs about $35 at GMPD. It fit's all CTS's since it simply snaps in place on top of the grill. It has two extra holes where push-pins go on the V grill. I ended up drilling them into the top plastic part of my stock CTS grill and put the push-pins in for a more secure fit.

Overall its a very nice upgrade to clean up under the hood. I can't believe that Cadillac put that flimsy rubber one on our CTSs at the factory.
My battery died today and I had to open the hood to get it jumped. While looking at the rubber piece that you are talking about I agree that it looks flimsy and I just ordered the new one. Thanks for posting the part number. :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
wratran