Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking around at a few rides and have pretty much made my decision. A Black Luxury CTS. Test drove it today and liked everything about it. Although I would like a bit more power, I can live without it. I just read about a 3.6L coming out soon and that has made me want to wait till it comes out.

I currently drive a 2001 Chevy Z71 Offroad and really hate this piece of crap. I ran into someone saturday because the brakes locked up and I just drifted right into em.. thank the Lord it didn't do anything to either ride. Other things such as weird rearend sounds whenever I come to a complete stop or gas on it at a redlight. Transmission problems and other minor things. I also don't EVER use the bed of the truck and would like more passenger room and trunk room ( I shoot a lot of guns and need a good bit of room to put my toys :D )

So, I believe the CTS will do it for me.. as for the 3.6L does anyone know when they are supposed to be shipping out to dealers?

Thanks for all suggestions

Oh yeah, and it's my first post :p

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Welcome aboard!!! The CTS is a mighty fine choice, although i may recommend looking into a used seville or eldorado. They have basically everything that the CTS has (including the new car smell :D ), and more power. You could get maybe a 2000-2002 for about the same price of a CTS. To me, it only makes sense to buy slightly used with only maybe 1000 miles on it, because the "taking off the lot" depreciation has already occurred, which means you get maybe 20k savings off the top.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As I agree with you.. I must go ahead and say I am going to stick to the CTS. Mainly for looks :D I figure if i'm going to pay this much I gotta have the cool looks aswell.

But thanks for you suggestion

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
REALLY?? IMO, I like the looks of the STS's better than the CTS. I dont know what it is, but the STS looks more expensive, whereas the CTS is a better attention getter....

Either choice will be a fine one........ :)

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,237 Posts
Vermilion said:
I must go ahead and say I am going to stick to the CTS. Mainly for looks :D I figure if i'm going to pay this much I gotta have the cool looks aswell.

But thanks for you suggestion
I agree with you that the CTS looks better than the rest of the Caddie line.

Besides, it's RWD and available with a manual. That's enough for me. And I'd probably wait for the 3.6. There is a thread here that has the due date. I think the interior is changing soon too.

I own a '96 Fleetwood. I was behind 2 newer FWD Caddies (I can never tell what they are) that probably cost much more than mine. When my car came out, a 40 something lady turned to her son and said, "Now that's a Cadillac!" I think that says more about the recent blandness of the brand than it does about mine. Get the car that is starting the Caddie revolution.

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Welcome aboard, Vermilion! And thank you for signing up.. I think you should get whichever car will make you happy and keep you that way. If you can wait for the newer CTS, then you probably should. If the engine is going to be better - and the interior is going to improve - it'll be worth the wait...

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,237 Posts
Sal Collaziano said:
I think you should get whichever car will make you happy and keep you that way.
I think it's much more important when buying a car to make sure that Elwesso is happy! :banana:

Ralph is Canadian, he'll never be happy. :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
The downside of waiting for the '04 is that there'll probably be a price jump and, at least initially, less attractive incentives.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
But the upside to the 04 will hopefully have 0% interest or some other goodies..

Now when I get the car i'm sure i'll put some better exhaust on it and some other minor things to bump me up maybe 10 horses or so.. I test drove one yesterday for a good 30 minutes and loved every minute of it. It has nice power for a 220hp V6.. my truck has a 5.3l V8 but it sounds fast because the dual exhaust is really loud.

So the 04 interior is supposed to be better? Anyone know what might be different?

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
As long as im happy, there anre never any problems :D

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Vermilion said:

So the 04 interior is supposed to be better? Anyone know what might be different?
I dont have a link for you, but the one thing i remember for sure is that the analog clock is replaced by a temp gauge. In the "not-positive" category, i believe some of the materials are being upgraded and the yellow backlight on the dash will be changed to white.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
elwesso said:
As long as im happy, there anre never any problems :D

Other than Spelling......ANRE?:D

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Arne is Indiana-ish for arent. We dont pronounce the n't all the time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts