Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
'09 Sedan Black Raven M6; '14 Sedan Phantom Gray A6 Graphite
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a call today from my Caddy dealer saying that Onstar informed them that my engine oil life was dangerously low. While they were at it, they also informed me that there is a new recall for a chassis module or something like that and that it may affect the ride characteristics. The call came in while I was at work and at the worst time to really get a handle on what all was being said. Spent some google search time looking for info on the latest recall for our cars and the latest I could find for the V was May 2014 and had to do with the wipers. I'm almost certain he didn't mention wipers and they have nothing to do with how the car rides. Anybody out there recently get a call from their dealer mentioning a recall that sounds remotely similar to what trying to describe. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,166 Posts
Which car of yours, the '09 or the '14? I just checked online and there is nothing for my '14 V at all, nor nothing for my standard '10 CTS.

http://recalls.gm.com

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Opulent Blue Metallic Coupe
90 Posts
I didn't think the dealers call for recalls that the manufacture did with a notice. Or that OnStar notify the dealer about your vehicle.

·
Registered
CTS-V (Black 2014), CTS-V (Red obsession 2014)
776 Posts
I got the chassis module recall on both of my 2014's. I haven't had time to do it yet, but I got the notices.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I got notification in the mail on some of the other recalls,... not all tho. But I could make sense of those,... windshield wiper this, steering wheel that, etc, etc. But a recall on a chassis module? What da hell is that? I've thought of our chassis as being something static and rigid,... not something needing regulated by some electrical module! Weather permitting,... I'll be on my way to the dealership in the morning! Snowed earlier, sheet of ice and freezing rain at the moment,... no clue what tomorrow morning will be like. Our schools called a 2 hr. at around 6 this evening, so they're expecting something! LOL! Either that or they're just chicken!

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
Must be 14s only, or my 13 is out of the range specified. I just checked recalls.gm.com with the VIN for my 2013 V wagon, and no recalls.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey neuronbob,... just looked up my VIN# using the link you provided in your reply. This is what I found on this recall,... thanks for the recall link:

GM Recall #: N140515
NHTSA Recall #: 14V614
Date Issued: Oct 16, 2014

Recall Title:

CHASSIS ELECTRONIC CONTROL MODULE

Recall Description:

General Motors has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain 2013 2014 model year Cadillac CTS, Escalade, and Escalade ESV; Chevrolet Suburban and Tahoe vehicles; and GMC Yukon and Yukon XL vehicles and certain 2014 model year Buick Enclave; Chevrolet Express, Impala Limited, Silverado HD and Traverse; and GMC Acadia, Savana and Sierra HD vehicles. Additionally, a small number of 2003-2012 model year vehicles such as 2007-2009 Chevrolet Trailblazer, 2003-2012 Chevrolet Silverado, Suburban and Tahoe, GMC Sierra and Yukon, and 2008-2009 Chevrolet Avalanche and Colorado, GMC Canyon, HUMMER H2, H3 and H3T and Saturn VUE and Outlook models may have been serviced with a chassis electronic module that could have internal contamination, causing an electrical short in the module. Some of these vehicles were built or serviced with contamination within the chassis electronic module. This contamination can cause an electrical short in the module. If the module experiences an electrical short, the vehicle could display a check engine light, stall, or fail to start. If the vehicle is equipped with a trailer brake, the vehicle could lose trailer brake function and display a Service Trailer Brake System indicator.

Safety Risk Description:

If the vehicle experiences this condition and stalls while in motion, there could be an increased risk of a vehicle crash.

Repair Description:

Dealers will replace the chassis electronic module on all affected vehicles free of charge.

Recall Status: INCOMPLETE

Here's the link to my VIN#, hope it helps anyone else looking for similar info: https://recalls.gm.com/#/?vin=1G6DV5EP0E0108456

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well too much ice to head north on 95 this morning, soooo, I'll see tomorrow what this is all about. Engine oil life is low, and starting to hear some racket in the front end when going over small bumps,... guess I'll see if we can kill several birds with this one stone! Thanks again guys for the input.

·
Registered
12 Wagon Hennessey 700, SB wheels, Corsa
160 Posts
Just checked my 2012 Vagon for recalls and all is clear. The only pending issue might be the SC, but mine is as quiet as a mouse until full throttle when it sings like a tenor at the opera. Whew!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just checked my 2012 Vagon for recalls and all is clear. The only pending issue might be the SC, but mine is as quiet as a mouse until full throttle when it sings like a tenor at the opera. Whew!
Like a tenor uhhh,... ours sounds like a soprano who just got a bowling ball dropped on her baby toe! LOL! No matter,... still the song of power.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts