Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac Escalade Premium AWD
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once we got our new purchase home and went for a ride the next day with our 2 year old, we discovered that the dvd player does not work. You cannot select it from the touch screen, nor can you insert a DVD into the slot.

After some reading, I tried rebooting the unit via a fuse pull, but that had no effect.

I did find one place online selling replacement DVD units for 200 bucks, as that seems to be my only option, other than a new head unit.

Thoughts?

Thanks
Tony

·
Registered
09 Escalade ESV Platinum
235 Posts
Nice job separating the topics. 2014 ESV Premium AWD according to other thread right? Short wheel base or ESV?

I just had something similar occur on our 09 AWD Platinum ESV when driving back from TX to CA. I’ll jump in later w/ some good options after grabbing a burger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Short wheel base.

This is what I was going to buy:

·
Registered
09 Escalade ESV Platinum
235 Posts
Oh my glob, get the new part for $189. Even I didn’t know there was NOS parts available for that version of the Escalade head unit.

Make sure you purchase one of those battery maintainers to plug into the ciggy lighter port in rear console so you don’t get any faults when the battery is disconnected.

Nice job getting this find. Be prepared for it to be a part that they’re actually out of but never updated the ad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What do you mean about plugging a battery maintainer in??

Tony

·
Registered
09 Escalade ESV Platinum
235 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, makes sense.

Why 9v and not 12v?

Which cig plug is always on?

Tony

·
Registered
09 Escalade ESV Platinum
235 Posts
9V battery are smaller than 12V lol

The rear console 12V plug is always on. I'd double check in case something changed in the model years or someone messed with it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You are referring to the one just under the rear hvac controls, right?

The little door is broken off that one so I was going to order a replacement.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You weren't kidding.
Just checked that site again, and while it does say "in stock", they have a banner stating 7-10 business days for order processing.

Judging from the video, it does not look that much harder than changing out a dvd drive or a hard drive in a desktop computer, so we will see...

Tony

·
Registered
2 Posts
Once we got our new purchase home and went for a ride the next day with our 2 year old, we discovered that the dvd player does not work. You cannot select it from the touch screen, nor can you insert a DVD into the slot.

After some reading, I tried rebooting the unit via a fuse pull, but that had no effect.

I did find one place online selling replacement DVD units for 200 bucks, as that seems to be my only option, other than a new head unit.

Thoughts?

Thanks
Tony
That just happened to me today after battery died I am going to start troubleshooting tomorrow nov 23 2020 will post what I find .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts