Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a friend give me a great deal on a 2000 Escalade that could not pass up. Truck will be the wife's ride during the week but mine when we pull the boat on the weekends. Really nice so far but might needs some rotor work as we have some vibration when braking. I also want to check into getting the suspension a little tighter and I am not sure if these vehicles wear their shocks out at about 60k miles or not. Any info would be great. The truck has 66K miles on it and 16" wheels. I would like to put some bigger wheels and tires on her soon. Please let me know if you all have some thoughts on this. Thanks and look foward to getting some good information on this board.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
My suggestion would not be to put anything above 22s....... Anything more than that, and you wont have enough tire sidewall to protect from potholes....... With 24s, one blow in a pothole could mean it gets bent out of range of balancing.......

But if youve got enough money, smooth roads, or a combination thereof, go for it.........!

Whatever the case is, you should get some new rims... An escalade without rims just doesnt seem to be right nowadays!!!! :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not really hip on the huge rims just something that will firm up the ride a little bit. I am in the car business and one of my vendors has a set of 17" takeoffs with Goodyears for $600 but I was thinking about 18' wheels. Is there a posibilty of shocks going bad at 66K miles or any other suspension alternatives for this vehicle?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts