Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. My name is Jon, and I reside in northern CA. This is my first post, and I just wanted to show everyone my now new car.

This is my first lac, and it drives like a dream. It only has 76k on it, and was always garaged.

Well, I hate to take forever, so here are some pics!

Well, there are the pictures.

The engine is the biggest, the 500 c.i, I have ever seen in a car. It guzzles the gas, but I guess not that bad.

Any comments are welcome, thank you. :stirpot:

For some reason, I am having trouble posting this. So if there is a duplicate thread, please delete it. So sorry.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Wow, she's a beaut! Welcome! 1975 or 1976?

·
Registered
Cadillac
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, totally forgot. It is a '75.

Absolutely NO DENTS DINGS, and only 2 little spots where the paint is chipping.

I could not blue book this, so any idea on the value of it? Thanks!

·
Registered
1993 SedanDeville (RIP), 2006 CTS (current)
3,338 Posts
Wow! The paint is in better condition than my `93. What's the history on that car, if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
1979 Phaeton Coupe, 1990 Brougham d'Elegance 5.7 liter
4,416 Posts
Oh my god! That's one gorgeous machine. I wish I had one like it, in addition of course. I've really thought about getting a '75-'76 lately, and yours is a fine example.

·
Registered
'92 Brougham d'Elegance 305; '98 Seville STS
490 Posts
Thank you for sharing pictures of your prized Cadillac. It is a work of American automotive artistry at its best.

·
Registered
Cadillac
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow! The paint is in better condition than my `93. What's the history on that car, if you don't mind me asking?
Well, history has it, that the owner purchased the car, died and the wife no longer drove it. She gave it to her sister, who sold it to me. No accidents, I was told. I have not gotten under the car yet to inspect it closer, however I seem to think there has never even been any repair work done to it. There are small cracks on the filler, but other than that the exterior is pretty nice. None of the moldings or grill is pitted.

Sorry to ask again, but what would be a good selling range to let this go for? I have already had someone offer me cash, but it was on the way home from PICKING it up, and I couldn't part with it so soon!

I have contemplated selling it, before I do anything to it that would take away from its value; namely for collectors, like the majority of people on this board. I would hate to do anything to ruin it, but If there is no interest in it, I think I am going to do a few things.

Thank you all for your comments.

·
Registered
1993 SedanDeville (RIP), 2006 CTS (current)
3,338 Posts
Well, history has it, that the owner purchased the car, died and the wife no longer drove it. She gave it to her sister, who sold it to me. No accidents, I was told. I have not gotten under the car yet to inspect it closer, however I seem to think there has never even been any repair work done to it. There are small cracks on the filler, but other than that the exterior is pretty nice. None of the moldings or grill is pitted.

Sorry to ask again, but what would be a good selling range to let this go for? I have already had someone offer me cash, but it was on the way home from PICKING it up, and I couldn't part with it so soon!

I have contemplated selling it, before I do anything to it that would take away from its value; namely for collectors, like the majority of people on this board. I would hate to do anything to ruin it, but If there is no interest in it, I think I am going to do a few things.

Wow, that is great condition. How much did she cost you?

·
Registered
4,416 Posts

Oh no... what are you going to do to it?

·
Registered
490 Posts
With all due respect (and I know it's your private property), but please don't change a thing on that fine example of a great survivor Cadillac.

(Moderator(s) - I know you keep the public boards relatively PG, yet I thought the pic w/ phrase below best captures my thoughts after hearing that he may mod that Cadillac.) So my apologies in advance if it's unacceptable and must be censored.

·
Registered
1979 Coupe Deville, 1995 FWB & 6 Other Non-Cadillacs.
759 Posts
You're off to a hell of a start for your first new Cad...That is one of the cleanest 75/76's i've ever seen. My jaw dropped when I opened the thread. To re-iterate what has already been said...Please don't change a thing on that car...it's stunning just the way it is!

·
Registered
Cadillac
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well actually, I was either going to completely redo it, to much of your guy's dismay, or try to trade it for a FWB.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Redo meaning restore, or..........

·
Registered
Cadillac
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nope, not restore.

I want a totally differnent interior, prefferably white. I am going to my local boneyard in the next few days to see what kind of interior I can find. I am hoping to find a decent white one.

I was hoping to paint it, but rethinking I dont believe I will. I suspect the paint to be original, but I have no idea.

Bigger rims will be implemented, to fill the wells. IMO this is such a beautiful car on big rims.

I will however, not do anything that is not reversable, and keep everything I take off/out.

We will see. I am thinking of putting it on craigslist soon.

One last thing, does anyone have any idea what the name of the interior color? It is not red, but darker. Thank you.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Nope, not restore.

I want a totally differnent interior, prefferably white. I am going to my local boneyard in the next few days to see what kind of interior I can find. I am hoping to find a decent white one.

I was hoping to paint it, but rethinking I dont believe I will. I suspect the paint to be original, but I have no idea.

Bigger rims will be implemented, to fill the wells. IMO this is such a beautiful car on big rims.

I will however, not do anything that is not reversable, and keep everything I take off/out.

We will see. I am thinking of putting it on craigslist soon.

One last thing, does anyone have any idea what the name of the interior color? It is not red, but darker. Thank you.
I regret my earlier post with the "Aww Jeez" guy. When I hear mods, I instantly think curb feelers, landau bars, shiny tint, interior ball fringe, pink fuzzy dice from the rearview mirror, luggage rack, trunk straps, etc...and a hacked-up / butchered dash for the installation of a new audio system.

If you consider selling it or trading it for a Fleetwood Brougham, I would leave it as-is. I think it would command its highest dollar in its current state. My unsolicited $.02. Nonetheless, you have an exceptional Cadillac and the photos are awesome.

(P.S. What year(s) Fleetwood Brougham are you looking at?)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts