Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2018 CTS
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like my dad's escalade needs new paint soon, so I'm thinking of either sticking to the original GM raven black paint, or going with a pearl black(if there is one) and also get my side mirrors, plastic pieces on running boards and on the rear bumper painted.

Let me know what you guys think....GM paint or custom? any other suggestions?

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac Escalade EXT
2,090 Posts
I would say definately go with a custom paint.. it will always set your truck apart from others.. i mean any stock black can roll through town.. but if you have a custom color that no one else has its something eye catching..

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
If you are going to keep the truck get a custom color, if not stay with a stock color, it will be easier to sell later. :)

·
Registered
2018 CTS
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dad will be selling the truck or trading it in...within the next year and a half. But the original GM black will be easier to sell and trade right? Would GM drop the trade in value for it if it has a custom paint job? New wheels just came in today.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
That would probably depend on the color, on trades they would be looking for a truck that maybe was in a crash, that would cause the color change

·
Registered
2018 CTS
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright, next poll:

1. Install 2007 Mesh E&G Fender Ports (Actual working ones)
2. Keep all 3 escalade emblems on after new paint

And I will be getting a new grill...any suggestions?

Also if anyone has any other ideas of what to do please let me know.

Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,969 Posts
Any pearl black paint I ever saw looked like somebody sprayed aluminum first and forgot to clean the gun for the black. Black is black. Real black is 40 coat block sanded lacquer. Have your banker and a financial statement ready.

·
Registered
2018 CTS
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah I want to go original GM raven black...but somehow make it a lot shinier than stock. Would I tell them to add more clear? or what?

·
Registered
2018 CTS
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, well didn't really wanna have to leak this out...but as I know this would have been discussed sooner or later....my dad's escalade was keyed and 'f*** you' was written on the driver side, along with the grill being kicked in or smashed in somehow, and the 2 passenger side wheels being engraved on, passenger side mirror smashed, and windshield cracked.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts