Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2006 CTS-V
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wrap is dead after a little less than 2 years. (Yes that's clear packing tape in one of the pics)

Going with halo efx paint, and Aston Martin China Grey with Porsche ganetian blue accents.

I'm super pumped, and I'm going to ceramic coat it when everything is finished.

-Byron

Attachments

· Registered
2006 CTS-V
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately the new timeline just got a whole lot longer. Sigh.

This is what the wrap did to my paint. The guys at MK1 Dubai are pretty badass and are standing behind their work, so it's now going to a different shop and they are giving me a warranty and huge discount for the damage caused by the wrap. For reference the first picture is of the paint about a week before the wrap was installed.

So now instead of getting halo efx, it's getting a full on custom paint job, and to the shops credit at a significant savings to me. Sticking with my color choice however, but I'll have a rolling mirror again, which I truly missed having with the wrap.

Maybe 30-40 days turn around time, but I know I'm going to be 100% satisfied with the results this go round and am not compromising.

-Byron

-

· Registered
2006 CTS-V
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got the unveiling footage edited, and I'm super happy with the new camera. I got a DJI osmo pocket 2, halfway through I switched to my GoPro hero 8. There is little differences between them, but they are comparable quality wise.

The paint is so reflective it's hard to focus the camera on it.

-Byron

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.