Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac STS4
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm 24 and my name is Neish' I never owned a cadillac before in my life but my father has had many over the years. I purchased a used '05 Cadillac STS 3.6L V6. No navigation and sun roof, but I got an amazing deal. Plus after getting the car checked out at the cadillac dealership it was in awesome condition so I bought it even without the "deal breakers" lol. My question is now what can I expect? Is it possible to just buy a navigation system for the 2005 sts on ebay and install with an antenna? Or just buy an aftermarket head unit with navigation? Is the 3.6L V6 better than the northstar V8 engine? I noticed my push to start works but the remote start dose not work. I replaced the battery and still nothing. Anything you'd like to recommend? I'm open to suggestions and just any general knowledge anyone may have to offer in regards to this particular vehicle. Thanks in advance, looking forward from hearing from you all.

·
Registered
'14 ATS Premium with 3 pedals | Past: '13 ATS Performance & '99 Seville STS
5,847 Posts
Re: New Cadillac Owner Used 2005 Cadillac STS 3.6L V6

Hello and welcome.

It is hard to say an engine is better or worse than another, it depends on what your criteria are. That being said, the V-8 N* was the premium engine in STS and you had to pay more to get, when the car was new. As a result, from that stand point, the N* is the better engine. And it is more powerful. The early versions of N* engine had some issues, but the RWD, 320 HP N* engines are considered bullet proof.

Anyway, enjoy your STS. The 3.6 liter V-6 is a respectable engine. There is a sub-section for STS. You can post your specific, technical questions there and I am pretty sure the other STS owners will be able to help you.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-forum-2005-through-2012/

Have fun!

·
Registered
Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS
13,792 Posts
Re: New Cadillac Owner Used 2005 Cadillac STS 3.6L V6

Congratulations on your new purchase and welcome to the Forums! Why bother going to the expense of adding an obsolete factory navigation system, just get a Garmin unit, like the rest of us use, and get your updates free and you can take it with and use it in your renta-car.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,504 Posts
Welcome to CF !!! :cool2:

Since you asked several model-specific questions I moved your thread to STS for more advice from owners of that model.

·
Registered
2006 STS V8 1SF RWD
6,479 Posts
Try this for the remote start - Press lock first, then press and hold the start button, lights should flash and she should fire up.

·
Registered
2007 CTS Sport 3.6
256 Posts
Press the lock button on the fob twice and then press and hold the circle button until it starts the car, if that doesnt work you'll have to scroll through the settings in the radio to activate it.

·
Registered
2005 STS
33 Posts
Welcome and good luck with your new car. One thing you need to get in the habit of doing is checking the oil level in your engine. Depending on your driving habits and mileage driven, I'd recommend checking the oil level at least every two weeks. The 3.6L is known to use oil, GM says "1 quart/2000 miles" is acceptable. Don't let your oil level go to low or you can be in for some costly repairs. Other than that and keeping up on basic maintenance items the car should last a while.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts