Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 2012 V today. The dealer remote started it a couple times showing us. Then when we left, we went to a resturant to eat. When we came out, car started fine (not remote), and we went home.

Friends came over to see it and we went out to the garage and it would not start. The off and on switch would not turn. Car was in park, and foot on the brake. Still couldn't start it.

Got the manual out and tried to remote start it. On the second attempt it worked. Then we could get in the car and turn the switch.

It was quite unnerving. Would not want to be out somewhere and it won't start. We were probably making some mistake, but what.

I did notice that it said it would not remote start if the hood was open. I had the hood open at one point will the car manually start if the hood is open?

I just went back out and tried it, and it started perfectly.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jay

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,840 Posts
Were you seeing any messages on the DIC when the non-start condition was present? Anything like "no remote key detected"?

·
Registered
Black Raven 2012 CTS V Sedan Thundar Gray 2007 STS V Sedan
98 Posts
That happened to my husband a couple of times.
I drive the car daily; I push the key in while turning it and have not had that problem yet. :hide:
We took delivery November 24, 2012.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
1,654 Posts
If you can't move the switch, raise or lower the steering wheel until it frees up.

12,821 Posts
Big Jay, I see you're already getting great feedback from the community, but I'm very sorry to hear about your frustrations with starting your V. Like Trapspeed, I'm also interested in whether or not you received any DIC error messages while you were experiencing these concerns.

If you would like me to investigate further for you at any point, I'm just an email away at [email protected]!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Inability to move the switch is usually caused by the steering wheel. Turn the steering slightly away from the position it is in and then the built-in key will turn easily. No need to raise of lower the steering wheel.

·
Registered
09 DW 4DR,AT,Recaros,metco 2.4,RX c-can,AEM-A/F, 634hp,642tq
775 Posts
just throwing this out there. in order to remote start with the fob, i have to press the locking button 2x (until the horn beeps once) then press (hold for 2-3 secs) remote start and it fires up every time.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great info. I hope it does not happen again, but if it does we will look for codes. My C6 has given me "no fob detected" message before. Once in the middle of the Bonneville Salt Flats. That will make your heart skip a beat. :)

·
Registered
Had 2009 V, Red/Blk 2016 Now
4,186 Posts
Not disin' you bro, but normally it's normally operator error.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sometimes if the key fob is in the same pocket as a cell phone, the car cannot detect the presence of the key fob and therefore will not start. This happens all the time with my 2009 Z06 and 2011 Kia.

Congrats on the V. I am in the process of trading my Z06 for a 2013 V.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts