Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Cadillac CTS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm the proud new owner of a 2011 CTS 3.0 RWD Base
I have a few questions, firstly I've searched, however I am confused on a few things. Here are my (dumb) questions:

1) Does the gear selector area light up? from what I've searched it doesn't show the current selected gear\range (Park, Reverse, Drive, etc). but does it light up at all, as in all white or whatever?

2) How do you turn the autodim rear view mirror on\off? owners manual says there is a button, but I cannot locate it on the mirror.

3) is the only USB port located in the center console? my car doesn't have the USB port in the console, I'm assuming if it's not in the center console there is no other spot (glovebox?)

4) Is there anyway for Bluetooth audio? or it is phone only?

5) On the front grill, is the Cadillac logo, wreath, and chrome pieces glued\double sided taped to the grill, or can they be unclipped and removed? I want to paint my grill body color, but keep the chrome\wreath\Cadillac symbol unpainted.

6) any maintenance things I should do\look out for? So far I've changed the air filter, cabin filter, and wiper blades, the car has 45,000 miles

Thanks guys!

----------

one more thing, on 2011 models it's harder to add ambient lighting in the footwell? The clips that hold the light are there, however the wiring is missing, is this correct for 2011 models?

·
Registered
2010 CTS 3.6 RWD Sport Wagon (traded in for a 2011 Lexus LS460 on 12/20/17)
321 Posts
1) The gear selector area does not light up, but if you'd like it to, just do some searches here - people have added LEDs in there easily enough.

2) You may not have the autodim rear mirror in the base model. If you do, there are a few buttons just below the mirror glass for power, emergency, onstar etc.

3) With the base edition, you probably don't have a USB port, maybe just a standard 3.5mm line-in jack.

4 & 5) Don't know.

6) Just keep an eye on the oil now and again. Some cars burn more than others.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,181 Posts
For bluetooth do a search as a few folks have gotten an inexpensive item from Amazon and they say it works well.

·
Registered
2011 Cadillac CTS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replies everyone!
The mirror is autodim, I tested it by holding a flashlight to the photocell on the mirror and it dims, but cannot find the switch to turn the feature off.

Also I removed the overhead console where the switches for sunroof, etc. are and noticed there is the hole for a LED for ambient lighting, and an electrical plug, but no LED light. Does anyone know if in 2011 this was removed? Also for 2011 is the wiring present for footwell ambient lighting?

----------

ok I did some research, it seems that 2011 may have the wiring for ambient foot lighting, however the connector is in a different location:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2008-2013-cadillac-cts-general-discussion/262341-so-goes-ambient-footwell-lighting-2.html

I'll take the panels apart this weekend, and If I have the wiring I'll add the kit.

I also want to add the over console lighting, I saw an electrical connector up there, so hopefully I can buy the light and it'll plug in\light right up.

·
Registered
CTS 2008 3.6DI Sport Luxury
1,027 Posts
5) this is not oem solution. Previous owner installed aftermarket chrome blades. You should be able to take it off easily.

----------

2) maybe previous owner replaced base mirror w/o autodim with aftermarket autodim mirror? It is not possible to miss switches in oem mirror.

----------

6) If your oil life indicator says it is more than 90% there is a chance that counter has been reseted without oil replace. In that case engine oil should be replaced ASAP.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts