Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
2000 Deville
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
So this is the nicest car i have owned in my whole 35 years of life and wanting to take care of it and slowly start to fix it up.

First the front passanger brake line blew a leak. (got that fixed)

now i have the notice of service stability system with the lights abs, brake, and traction control. I have read similar issues but i have a different code that goes with the C1248. I also have the C1237 and U1000.

Im not the most knowledgeable bout cars but i am willing to learn. Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you

any help being pointed in the right direction would be greatly appreciated

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,659 Posts
Welcome Aboard !!! Let's move this to the specific Deville forum. This relatively dead Suspension forum is not really the place for diagnostics .............

Please post your car's trim level - base, DHS, DTS. It makes large differences in advice offered - quite different cars.

·
2000 Deville
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited by Moderator)
okay not sure what trim level is.

Year:2000
Make:Cadillac
Model:DeVille
Trim:Base
Style/Body:4 Dr STD Sedan. Sedan
Engine:5 Li V8
Plant:HAMTRAMCK, MI
Fuel:Gas
Safety:DRIVER AND PASSENGER FRONT AND FRONT SIDE AIRBAGS, ACTIVE BELTS

this is what i found when i looked up my vin

·
Administrator
70,659 Posts
If your car is a base 2000 Deville then the engine is the 4.6 liter 32 valve DOHC Northstar. No such thing as a "5 Li V8" for Cadillac or Deville.

Your "base" VIN 8th character is a Y which designates the economy 275 hp 3.11 final drive powertrain.

For a complete build sheet download subscribe the car to www.compnine.com. For $5 you get your car's complete original GM/Cadillac build sheet plus any 4 others at later dates.

Your reported diagnostic codes - C 1237 and C 1248 - can be defined using this link for the early Cadillac OBD-II diagnostics. Looks like EBTCM troubles.

·
Administrator
70,659 Posts
Of course it does because the car trim level dictates advice offered in many instances.

·
2000 Deville
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
and clearly says base even if the motor was incorrect but thank you for all your useful information

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,407 Posts
Those codes point to the EBCM (Electronic Brake Control Module). Follow the brake lines from the master cylinder to it. You migh try pulling the electrical connector and spraying the contacts with Deoxit or Brakleen. It's quick, cheap and easy and you just might get lucky.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts