Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1999 CONCOURS
18 Posts
Hi Everyone! I'm new to posting on the site so I'm not sure if I'm posting in the correct area. :suspect:
I just purchased a 1991 Coupe DeVille in a Beige Mist Color (beautiful color) the car is mint with 29k on it. It has almost every option available that year:

Bodyside & Decklid Accent Pin Stripe
50/50 Split Bench Seat
Digital Dash
Power Exterior Mirrors
Cabriolet Landau Padded Vinyl Roof with Opera Lights and Smaller Limousine-style rear Window.
Power Passenger Seat - 6-way
Upgraded Wheels (I've never seen these very beautiful rims on any other Cadillac..They must be Vogue Rims as the tires are Vogue white walls with the yellow stripe)
Power Trunk Lid Release & Power Locking
Dual Front Power Seat Recliners
Illuminated Entry System
Dual Illuminated Visor Vanity Mirrors
Trunk Mat
Trumpet Horn
Remote Release Fuel Door
Automatic Dimming Day/Night R/V Mirror

I am wondering how to tell if I have these two options below?

1. Speed Sensitive Steering
2. Traction Control

I am in love with this car. Not only does it look fabulous, but the ride is so comfortable and the build quality is quite high. On the freeway I get close to 35 mpg! Wondering if other Coupe owners get the same gas milage on this year and model? I appreciate the rarity of the Coupe Fleetwoods but I'm not that wild about the fender skirts so I am very happy with having the Coupe without the skirts. (Just a cleaner more modern look in my opinion) :rolleyes:

If someone can direct me to the instructions to download photos,
I'd be glad to post some pictures. :bigroll:

Coupe DePhil

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,272 Posts
Hi Everyone! I'm new to posting on the site so I'm not sure if I'm posting in the correct area. :suspect:
I just purchased a 1991 Coupe DeVille in a Beige Mist Color (beautiful color) the car is mint with 29k on it. It has almost every option available that year:

Bodyside & Decklid Accent Pin Stripe
50/50 Split Bench Seat
Digital Dash
Power Exterior Mirrors
Cabriolet Landau Padded Vinyl Roof with Opera Lights and Smaller Limousine-style rear Window.
Power Passenger Seat - 6-way
Upgraded Wheels (I've never seen these very beautiful rims on any other Cadillac..They must be Vogue Rims as the tires are Vogue white walls with the yellow stripe)
Power Trunk Lid Release & Power Locking
Dual Front Power Seat Recliners
Illuminated Entry System
Dual Illuminated Visor Vanity Mirrors
Trunk Mat
Trumpet Horn
Remote Release Fuel Door
Automatic Dimming Day/Night R/V Mirror

I am wondering how to tell if I have these two options below?

1. Speed Sensitive Steering
2. Traction Control

I am in love with this car. Not only does it look fabulous, but the ride is so comfortable and the build quality is quite high. On the freeway I get close to 35 mpg! Wondering if other Coupe owners get the same gas milage on this year and model? I appreciate the rarity of the Coupe Fleetwoods but I'm not that wild about the fender skirts so I am very happy with having the Coupe without the skirts. (Just a cleaner more modern look in my opinion) :rolleyes:

If someone can direct me to the instructions to download photos,
I'd be glad to post some pictures. :bigroll:

Coupe DePhil
===============================
I am wondering how to tell if I have these two options
check the RPO - Regular Production Options sticker -
located on the underside of the spare tire cover -

this sticker lists EVERY option the car left the factory with -

copy the 3-character codes -
go here to decipher the codes -
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/rpo/

---------------------------------

On the freeway I get close to 35 mpg!
Wondering if other Coupe owners
get the same gas milage
on this year and model?

NO -
not unless going down hill -
with a 40mph tail wind -
drafting a semi -
then - MAYBE

original EPA rating was 15/24

--------------

realistic highway mpg - cruising at 65 - would be 25mpg -

fantastic mileage would be 27mpg -

almost unbelievable mileage would approach 29mpg -

NEVER heard of one hitting 30mpg - EVER -

---------------------------

check your tire size -
original tires are 205/70/15 -

·
Registered
95 FWB Blk on Blk. (120K) 98 Deville Concours, 1991 SDV.
133 Posts
Sounds like a really nice color. If you do not like the rear wheel skirts, then the regular Coupe deVille is what you are thinking about. The Fleetwoods have the skirts for the coupes. I like them both for what they are and the looks. You will like that 4.9L motor, fun and fast at lower to mid rpm ranges. Have fun...

·
Registered
1992 DeVille
2,339 Posts
MoistCabbage said:
:welcome5: Post some pictures. Upload them to www.photobucket.com, and post the IMG codes here.
^ this! I'd love to see some pics!!! I can get my digital mpg display to read 35-37 going like 54 in the slowlane but as soon as you barely press the throttle it drops to 27-30. When cruising steady on the highway itll read 25-27. Driving like a maniac it'll be 19-22 highway. Welcome:)

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
Don't forget, the instant readout is just that, it displays the instantaneous fuel mileage. It's totally useless when figuring actual average trip or average long term mileage.

·
Registered
1992 Fleetwood S&S Hearse, 1993 Buick Roadmaster
567 Posts
Sounds like a very nice car! I also hope you can post pics soon. There is an icon above the "quick reply" box, third from far right, that kind of looks like a framed picture. Click that to insert an image. You may have to downsize your image if it's bigger than what the site supports.

Sounds like you got a really good one! I'm also not a huge fan of fender skirts, especially on mid-sized cars. My 1993 Roadmaster sedan has simulated skirts, and I wish it didn't. Makes changing a flat tire a little bit more difficult, and I'm decrepit enough that I don't need anything else making it harder.

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
Uploading pictures to the site directly, sucks. Hence the photobucket suggestion above. No size limit, just have to copy and paste the IMG code.

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Sedan deVille
591 Posts
original EPA rating was 15/24
Actually, original EPA ratings was 16 city / 26 hwy. The 15/24 figure is a revised rating from a few years ago. A lot of websites will just display the revised figures nowadays.

26-27 hwy is not out of the question on a regular basis, 28-29 is harder but not impossible to hit. The only way the OP can be getting that kind of hwy mileage is if he drives 50 mph or so on very smooth and flat roads.

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Sedan deVille
591 Posts
Here are some of my accomplishments. The photos were taken after a trip I made from Conway, AR to Kansas City, MO last March.

And, here is one from the return trip:

·
Registered
1992 Fleetwood S&S Hearse, 1993 Buick Roadmaster
567 Posts
I am so jealous of your mileage! Of course, my car may outweigh yours by a thousand pounds, and it's also geared low because it's a commercial chassis car. I get about 17 mpg average. Maybe 21 highway?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts