Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
07 Escalade
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I just purchased a super clean 2007 Escalade Luxury edition today, has 79k miles on it, pearl white. It looks like its still brand new since the previous owner rarely drove it and was garage kept. He also performed regular maintenance and changed all shocks and the motor mounts this past year. I want to find out more about the ride like what should I expect, what should I do, or what should I look for. It runs great, no problems--had my mechanic check it out before I purchased it and it was good to go, no leaks anywhere underneath. If you guys have any advice on this model year I would greatly appreciate it (my first Cadillac owned). I have noticed that it is sometimes hard to turn the ignition key when starting the vehicle up (kinda have to fiddle with it). Other than that, everything else is fine with it.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Good job on getting it inspected before you bought it. The previous owner probably spent $2,000 on the new shocks and mounts, so that's a huge plus. I would just make sure all of the fluids are clean, and drive it. It has lots of life left! The key problem might be a bad ignition lock cylinder which is $50 to replace, but I'm not sure if you will need all new keys or if it programs itself when you insert your old key. Rockauto.com: CADILLAC > 2007 > ESCALADE > 6.2L V8 > Ignition > Ignition Lock Cylinder

·
Registered
07 Escalade
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good job on getting it inspected before you bought it. The previous owner probably spent $2,000 on the new shocks and mounts, so that's a huge plus. I would just make sure all of the fluids are clean, and drive it. It has lots of life left! The key problem might be a bad ignition lock cylinder which is $50 to replace, but I'm not sure if you will need all new keys or if it programs itself when you insert your old key. Rockauto.com: CADILLAC > 2007 > ESCALADE > 6.2L V8 > Ignition > Ignition Lock Cylinder
Thanks Punmax, yes, he checked all the fluids and they were clean as well. And thanks for the advice on the ignition lock cylinder, I'll check it out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts