Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday I purchased a 2005 CTS, silver with 55,590 miles on it. It's a 3.6L. It has two tone grey/black interior. I haven't had a chance yet to snap any photos yet but hopefully soon I will be able to. This is my first caddy and all I can say not one of my past vehicles made me this happy. The comfort of the car is so superior, I can't even explain in words. I've owned a audi, benz, honda, acura, bmw and honestly nothing can compare.

I do have an appointment with the dealership I got it from this weekend to have a few things checked out. For some reason my low end seems to have a miss when I try to accelerate. So from my vehicle experience it seems that it might be a coil pack or something. But it is covered under my warranty so hopefully it will be taken care of promptly.

Also I've searched a few sites for mods and found a few I plan on making purchases from. Can someone please let me know how reliable the HID kits from sharp hid are? Also is it worth doing the clear fog light fog. If any members have any input to share with me please feel free to reply. Thanx in advance.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Black, LOADED
2,424 Posts
Welcome Tone! Congrats on the new ride, I'd like to see some pics when u get the chance.

For HID kits I used VVME.com, cheap, fast. Had them nearly 2 years in my fogs and they are working just fine still.

Clear fogs. I love mine. They just make the car look so much sharper. It isnt the easiest thing in the world, but if you have a little bit of patience, skill with your hands and some time, it is definitely worth it. Only thing is now with them, no body sells them or the parts to do it. Your on your own with finding a piece of lexan plastic and doing all the cutting and everything else.

Good luck with your new ride.

You dont live in NY/NJ/PA/CT by any chance do you? There is a meet comming up soon (link is in my sig below). I am sure you can get some great info/ideas with the people that show up with their rides.

·
Registered
2006 CTS w/ Luxury PKG
19 Posts
Congrats!

If you don't mind me asking, how much OTD?

(Stupid question, but it's CPO right? 55k miles and still in warranty, but just wanted to be 100% sure)

·
Registered
2005 CTS
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx guys, it's appreciated.

Future-Yes, it is CPO. The price came out to $17,573. I actually went through my family's credit union. So all in all by checking prices I feel I got a reasonable deal. I'm just very happy and can't wait to start the modding. LOL.

Svb4eva-Yes, I live in NJ, newark to be exact(yes I fear for my car evey night, lol). I am def down to go to the Tri State area meet. Hopefully by that time I will have a few mods done. I think I'ma try the fog light mod next weekend since I will have off. I also will look into ordering the HID kits from the site you provide. Thanx again for the assistance. I will try to get pics up asap, but I think it suppose to rain this afternoon in Jersey. But I do have off tomorrow so if it does clear, I will clean her up and snap so shots.

·
Registered
2005 CTS
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sbv4eva-What size do I need for the fogs and headlights? I read a few post where members saying the sizes are the same which is 9006, but I also read post where members say the needed 9005 for the fogs because the 9006 doesn't fit.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Black, LOADED
2,424 Posts
Sbv4eva-What size do I need for the fogs and headlights? I read a few post where members saying the sizes are the same which is 9006, but I also read post where members say the needed 9005 for the fogs because the 9006 doesn't fit.
I used size 9005 bulbs in my fogs. I dont know what color you are looking for, but I have a pair of basically brand new 8000K, size 9005 bulbs (they have at the most 10 hours on them). You would just need to get two 35W ballasts for them, found here http://vvme.com/product/detail-20025.html .

Send me a PM if you are interested. If you cant PM people here yet, my e-mail is svb4eva AT rcn DOT com

·
Registered
2005 CTS
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Svb4eva-I already order the kits from that website, thanx anyway though. I hope the shipment arrives quickly.

·
Registered
They should make a new model name for mine but I guess a CTS
271 Posts
autolumination is where i got my bulbs and although they look odd they are fantastic

·
Registered
White '04 CTS 3.6L,Two JL 12w7 + Bose/ Boston Tweets
1,481 Posts
i replaced them with bulbs from superbrightleds.com. they have load resistors built right onto them and they are WAY brighter
Dude how positive are you on this statement.....cause I would be banking on it to do the led conversion in my tails...i need it bad....

·
Registered
1,481 Posts

·
Registered
04 CTS 3.6L "The Gray Ghost"(R.I.P), 05 CTS 3.6L "Fin"
374 Posts
I got my first set of bulbs from autolumination.com.... they didnt last too long. i replaced them with bulbs from superbrightleds.com. they have load resistors built right onto them and they are WAY brighter
I am ignorant to LEDs and electricity in general, but love the look.
So you are saying that superbrightleds.com are plug and play?
If I was to buy them for turn signals in the front, I wouldn't get the fast flash I have been told about?

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I am ignorant to LEDs and electricity in general, but love the look.
So you are saying that superbrightleds.com are plug and play?
If I was to buy them for turn signals in the front, I wouldn't get the fast flash I have been told about?
THats exactly what i was think cause of the lower power consumption, but on their site they say built in load resisters....so the means you could usethem you ur turn signals, you brake lights and rear turns.....I hope this is true...i just dont know which one to buy...

·
Registered
2005 CTS
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: New owner, member checking in(Updated)...

Okay, I've been through hell and back but finally I got a great CTS. The CTS I originally purchased turned out to be a piece of sh*t. So I got so damn lucky, I got another CTS in better condition with so many more features for $3,000 less.

So here's the run down...2005 Green CTS 3.6L VVT, 6 speed manual, 45,920 miles, Navi System, Black and Grey interior, Sunroof, Factory H.I.D., 17" Chrome Factory wheels, and just so much more than that P.O.S. CTS. Also $3,000 less in price. Pics will be coming very soon.

I ordered two HID kits from VVME for the other CTS but being that I have stock HIDs I need to upgrade the bulb to match the 8000 kit I have for the fog lights. Can someone please point in the direction where I can purchase two upgraded bulbs? Oh yeah if anyone in Jersey is interested I have a 8000 HID kit never used up for grabs. Also when I put my Navi disc it doesn't do anything but automatically eject the disc. It does appear to be pretty scratched up does anyone know where I can find a replacement disc. Also is there a way to bypass the DVD to play while driving? Thanx to all those that reply.

·
Registered
CTS
86 Posts
I also just bought a 2005 3.6L and it has a miss at the low end as well, right around 1,000-1,500 RPM's and they can't figure it out. What did they tell you it was?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts