Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
ATS
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to introduce myself after I picked up a base 2014 2.0t manual a couple of months back. I love driving the car; it handles just well as my old 128i convertible while being so much smoother on Jersey's bombed-out roads. Only options are heated seats and the sunroof. Best of all, it's not a CUEdillac. :)

I did have some issues with the engine shortly after delivery (CEL with Stabilitrak switched off and reduced engine power), but the service advisor said some settings had not been properly adjusted to reflect a recall. Maybe it was the reflash. Who knows? (If anyone can enlighten me, please do!)

I'm closing in on 900 miles now, and it's already starting to feel broken in as the shifter and engine loosen up (in a good way). As long as the engine doesn't explode, I'll be happy with it for years! :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0 MT
77 Posts
I'm in CT and also picked up a new 2014 standard 2.0T in Radiant Silver with the manual gearbox last month - it has the same two options as yours (sunroof and heated seats) - that's all I need - I bought the car to drive and purposely wanted only the necessities, i.e. a steering wheel, shifter and clutch pedal ; )

Good luck with the car!

Anthony

·
Registered
2004 CTS Lux Sport and 2014 ATS 2.0T AWD Lux
953 Posts
Welcome to the club. I see that you did venture out into the NJ snow covered roads.
On my first 2 trips to work with the ATS on I-287, I hit the same jaw shattering pot hole twice because I couldn't see it.

I hope now with the warmer weather, I can feel more comfort in using the car without all the salt, rocks, and sand flying up and hitting the car's hood, windshield and body panels.

·
Registered
ATS
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't venture out very much CaptSolo, by they do clear the roads pretty quick in JC.

Sounds like a nice one, Yank. When all the salt is out, I kind of wish mine was silver.

·
Registered
2014 ATS Performance 2.0
14 Posts
In closing in on 2k miles vehicle seems nice and broken in. I have manual performance trim with cold weather, cue and the low profile tires which i hate. Any thoughts on the tires and if i can change to regulat profile will the ride ve different?

Also, i paid 36.7k on an msrp of 46.4k back in december. Could i have done better? Maybe save another 3-4k had i waited till feb or early march. I did search hard for the trim and really wanted a premium with manual. The closest i could find one was in oregon.

Lol

·
Registered
ATS
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think you'd probably have to go to a smaller wheel to use a more normal profile. Mine has the 17s and I'm really happy with the ride. I would like some more-premium, but that's something for down the road.

Your discount sounds pretty good to me. I go a little more off a $37.6k car and then had a $3k GM Card top-off so I did a little better. But my purchase was over in January. FWIW, TrueCar was showing $7k and change off when I bought.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts