Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought an '05 CTS 3.6L Sandstorm about 2 weeks ago. Love the car so far. Not many american made sedans out there that are actually fun to drive. Just checked gas mileage at 22.4 mpg combined city hwy. Not bad considering the power and fact I have been getting on it a bit. I like the fact that everyone and their brother doesn't own one. My previous car was an '00 Impala LS which seems to be as abundant as a Camry, not to mention boring to drive. Not too crazy about the steering wheel controls as they control things I dont care to control from those locations. Only issue I see so far is a clunk or bump type noise in the front end at highway speeds when hitting overpasses or pavement level changes. Reminds me of when the steering shaft went out on the Impala. Tires still have 50% wear at 17k. I just had them siped which really works well on the wet roads. Future upgrades will be a Volant air intake, billet or V grill and possible exhaust someday. What wheels look and fit the best on these cars ?

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6L, 2006 350Z, Ducati 996s
2,449 Posts
NorthwestCTS said:
Not too crazy about the steering wheel controls as they control things I dont care to control from those locations.
Welcome!

If it's the left side controls, the numbered buttons, you can change them in the menu's on the DIC. The manual can show you how.

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Black on Black
1,852 Posts
The wheel thing is a big question, so many choices. 18"'s fill the wells and keep the compliant ride, but as you'll see from the many pics, 20"'s are fairly common. Mild to wild, chrome to painted go to www.tirerack.com and take a look at the selections. You can even put yor vehicle in its color on the page to see how it looks with your wheel selection. Good luck and enjoy, and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Our '03 has the same "clunk" up front. I have no idea what it is, but if I turn up the radio, it goes away. Welcome to the forum!:)

·
Registered
362 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Here you will find plenty of usefull information, blah blah blah blahblah :) Hmmm, I think I have a clunk too, I try not to notice so I also turn up the tunes... I only have about 10,000kms on mine though, and I vaguely remember it doing that from day one... oh well. As for rims, you will find 20's to be very attractive and usefull for adding a slightly sportier edge onto your CTS rather than the factory wheels.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts