Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2012 CTSV coupe
1,585 Posts
First must upgrade is a cold air intake. You will love the sound and a little extra umph. Don't make the same mistake I did by overpaying for Hennessey. Get an AirRaid.

·
Registered
2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
First must upgrade is a cold air intake. You will love the sound and a little extra umph. Don't make the same mistake I did by overpaying for Hennessey. Get an AirRaid.
That was gonna be my next question. Definitely what im doing first

·
Registered
2012 CTSV coupe
1,585 Posts
You can find an Airaid for around $300 and install it yourself. Tip... go through the fenderwall. I paid $500 for Hennessey and its no different really.

----------

By the way Manna... take it easy for the first 1000 miles. The dealers fail to tell you the phosphorus rear-end does have a brake-in period. A lot of folks think the rear-end is not strong. This isnt so. In fact its strong enough to handle several upgrades and be reliable. Its just that most don't know about the break-in period in which it can be severely damaged if mistreated with wide open throttle launches. So take it easy until its ready. Then it should last for as many WOTs you can throw at it.

·
Registered
2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It looks like there are a couple different airaids for our cars..are they the same besides one looking like carbon fiber? And i actually bought it certified used with 20,000 miles.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Congrats on the new car. Better late than never. Regarding the air intake I've heard a couple of opinions. My question is, does an air intake alone make a noticeable difference in power?

·
Registered
09 DW 4DR,AT,Recaros,metco 2.4,RX c-can,AEM-A/F, 634hp,642tq
775 Posts
noticeable? yes, the whine of the blower and crisper throttle response brings more driver variables into play. the real power comes with a few more pounds of boost via upper and or lower pulley or both. OP try autoanything with discount code 'welcome15' for your airaid. the trim (blk or c/f) and filter is up to you.
good luck,...we're here if you need us. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts