Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
05 Escalade
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

New Escalade owner, seasoned forum goer. I'm an avid member over in the VW forum for my 04 R32, and I am coming from the Trailblazer SS forum for...well.. the SS.

Unfortunately, some black ice caused the SS to meet a tree a few weeks ago and now I am a proud new owner of a maroon 05 Escalade. This is my first larger vehicle and it definitely taking some getting used to.

Since I over-analyze and am coming from a stabletrack system that is similar, yet very different, I have a few questions:

• Does it seem like the rear end kicks out rather easy and the front has minimal effort
  • I can't hear my air compressor, but there is no warning light. Are there ways to test this? The SS was super loud, but then again that was a smaller vehicle with less sound padding
  • Does the 05 have the auto-start option? Not remote start, but the one touch of the key to crank the engine. The SS had this, but I'm not sure if the Escalade does too or mine is just broken lol

That's all for now. I am still floating around this forum to feel out what kind of people are on here (techs, enthusiasts, weekend complainers, etc).

Enjoy the snow!

Eric

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
Hi welcome to the forum

Now if you have the all wheel drive then it shouldn't kick out like that unless it's forced(which takes a lot)

I am on here a lot and have a lot of info on these trucks so you can give me a shout if you need help

Now the auto leveling system should kick the compressor on within seconds of starting the truck(I don't think it will work with the door open though)
If you want the relay is located under the hood next to the fuse block towards the engine you can jump it to test the compressor though I would want to do a soap test on the rear shocks

·
Registered
05 Escalade
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi welcome to the forum

Now if you have the all wheel drive then it shouldn't kick out like that unless it's forced(which takes a lot)

I am on here a lot and have a lot of info on these trucks so you can give me a shout if you need help

Now the auto leveling system should kick the compressor on within seconds of starting the truck(I don't think it will work with the door open though)
If you want the relay is located under the hood next to the fuse block towards the engine you can jump it to test the compressor though I would want to do a soap test on the rear shocks
Thank you! After further listening, I can hear the compressor kick on. Must of been from the sound dampening difference between this truck and the SS. The SS was super loud!

As for the rear kicking out, it's most likely because the front tires are new and the rears look to be older. Picture pulling the e-brake in a FWD car during a snow storm while hitting the gas; the car will sling shot out from the front pulling...that's my guess. I'm going to replace with Goodyear Duratracs and she should be unstoppable. I had them on my jeep and couldn't get the thing stuck if I tried

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
It could be from how the all wheel drive is geared
It puts 40 percent power to the front wheels while putting 60 percent power to the rear wheels

If I am on ice without my third row seats I can easily break the rears free in second gear if I wanted(not that I want or like to do that)

·
Registered
137 Posts
With traction control on my 05 it will not kick out at all but when I turn it off it will a little but like cadillac man said that takes quite a lot. Mine will typically spin the front tires on a hard launch due to weight transfer to the rear but the rears usually bite unless on snow or wet pavement or something like that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts