Cadillac Owners Forum banner
541 - 554 of 554 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
With the "Radiant" package, the truck is shipped with the base wheels, yes? So, if the 22" wheels are dealer installed.. what happens to the base wheels? They send them back for credit?
The steel wheels are not road worthy, just for ferrying vehicle around the lots and off the train or truck. They sell the tires used and sell the wheels for scrap.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The radiant and onyx packages are 100% dealer installed. My advice would be do not let either of these packages hold your order up. Drop it because it can all be added after the fact
So I placed my order last night and they are now accepting the Radiant package for orders again. Now I just have to wait 6+ months. Salesman even said I would probably get a '23 since they are halting '22 production in a few months and mine probably wouldn't be built yet. I wonder if they will have different color and interior color options for the '23?

·
Registered
14 Posts
So I placed my order last night and they are now accepting the Radiant package for orders again. Now I just have to wait 6+ months. Salesman even said I would probably get a '23 since they are halting '22 production in a few months and mine probably wouldn't be built yet. I wonder if they will have different color and interior color options for the '23?
Well, not so fast - guess I am a gullible noob! ;-)

Dealer called and said GM wouldn't allow order with sill plate lighting nor Radiant package so I had to pull those off the order sheet. He said we could add them in later when GM "re-allows" them. I guess I don't understand this whole order business. Why not just allow them and get to them when the stuff comes in? Weird.

·
Registered
222 Posts

Dealer called and said GM wouldn't allow order with sill plate lighting nor Radiant package so I had to pull those off the order sheet. He said we could add them in later when GM "re-allows" them. I guess I don't understand this whole order business. Why not just allow them and get to them when the stuff comes in? Weird.
Don't fall into the trap of trying to make sense of any of it, it will just frustrate you. Best you can do is hope you're working with an honest dealer. Figure out which features are deal breakers and which are wants and let your dealer know that so they can try to play the game and get you something. It will never be logical tho.

·
Registered
433 Posts

Dealer is correct. Both items are currently marked as "unavailable" in the order guide, therefore you cannot order them.

Reactions: regancc

·
Registered
14 Posts
Dealer is correct. Both items are currently marked as "unavailable" in the order guide, therefore you cannot order them.
Yep, so I told him to just pull them and proceed. So, now it is a 6-9 mos wait. I can wait as I have other really fun cars to drive. But the problem is, I want to trade one or sell one and the longer I wait the more it depreciates, especially with the trade. So, sooner would be better but that doesn't seem to be what's going to happen. Oh well...

·
Registered
2022 C8 Z51/LT3 and 2022 Escalade ESV
358 Posts
Ahh that makes sense! Do you regret not waiting a couple of months for the 2023? Looks as if there will only be minor updates...

·
Registered
358 Posts
@synergy408
The train is not what is slow. Once is starts it’s 2-3 days from from Arlington to Chicago. It sit in Chicago a couple days, then go to Fort Wayne. Then it will sit in Fort Wayne before a truck gets it. My ‘22 is on that same train as you. This is my 2nd order from @Lockhart Cadillac
Ahh that makes sense! Do you regret not waiting a couple of months for the 2023? Looks as if there will only be minor updates...

·
Registered
358 Posts
Ahhh I thought the Escalade was on the March/April 2023 timeframe like the C8. I feel better now :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
My salesman said mine may end up being a '23. Anyone know what the changes are or are they not yet published? Wondering if there are any interior or paint color changes...?

·
Registered
2022 Escalade Premium Luxury
366 Posts
My salesman said mine may end up being a '23. Anyone know what the changes are or are they not yet published? Wondering if there are any interior or paint color changes...?
23 changes will not be published anytime soon. 22 production just started this past October

541 - 554 of 554 Posts