Cadillac Owners Forum banner
501 - 520 of 554 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Random question, but can anyone confirm if the 6.2s being built right now have the EFM feature (cylinder deactivation)?

I know for awhile the 2021s were shipping without auto start/stop, but that’s back from what I can understand. But what I can’t find is whether the EFM where it drops down from 8 cylinders to 4 during say highway driving is part of that.

Asking because that seems to be a huge complaint with all of the 6.2s (Tahoe, Yukon and Caddy) right now - that the EFM stuff is tearing up these engines hence all of the lifter issues, etc.
It is DFM Dynamic Fuel Management and yes the 21 and 22 6.2L Gas Escalades have it.

Dynamic Fuel Management (DFM) is recognized as active fuel management technology with the additional ability to deactivate any combination of cylinder valves for an internal combustion engine. This technology combines millisecond-accurate torque control with cylinder deactivation to optimize fuel consumption of spark ignited engines. The control of every cylinder event optimizes engine operation such that peak efficiency is obtained throughout the range of engine operation. DFM extends cylinder deactivation to all cylinders, which allows for a large variety of firing sequences. DFM can have rotating cylinder deactivation patterns as well as fixed patterns. For rotating patterns, which cylinders are being deactivated can change with each subsequent engine cycle. Transitions between firing sequences is done in a continuous fashion, making the transitions seamless and transparent to the vehicle operator. DFM – dynamic fuel management which can deactivate the lifter on any cylinder at any time. Unlike AFM, this can result any many different types of firing patterns, some of which are fixed patterns (like ¼, ½, ¾) and others which are rotating (like 1/5, 1/3, 2/5, 2/3). This is only available on small block engines (L84 and L87). OCV – oil controlled valve is only used on small block engines. These provide faster response times than LOMA and are required for DFM (on L84 and L87). OCVs are also used on L82 for AFM.

·
Registered
2022 Escalade Premium Luxury
366 Posts
Congratulations travieb23 !!!! I received an email from Matt this morning that my Escalade has been moved from Midlothian to the Arlington rail yard and getting ready to ship!!!!!
Yes!!!!!! Hope you get that call before the end of the month!

·
Registered
31 Posts
My TPW was this week 1/3 and since I still obsessively watch online inventories near me, I noticed this morning that my order# is now matched with a VIN that popped onto the Caddy site and my dealers page. I’m thinking this means she rolled off the end of the line and got invoiced to the dealer.

I’m taking this as a positive sign I’m 2wks away (we are 3h from Arlington and my dealer picks up a truck load seemingly weekly).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
How long do cars go on a dealer's website before they appear? Ballpark range. Mine has been on the website since 12/22 and still not here.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I haven't asked today but as of last Thursday it was showing "ETA Pending Dispatch". It's been that way since before Christmas and he isn't getting any updates. Strange!

·
Registered
2022 Escalade Premium Luxury
366 Posts
I haven't asked today but as of last Thursday it was showing "ETA Pending Dispatch". It's been that way since before Christmas and he isn't getting any updates. Strange!
Are you the one that’s in Midlothian?

·
Registered
32 Posts
The car is in Midlothian but my dealer is in Oklahoma. Not a huge deal, but we sold my Yukon already so I've been driving my husband's 3/4 ton diesel until it gets here and I'm just not that good at parking it! lol

501 - 520 of 554 Posts