Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Platinum Ice SRX4 Luxury Collection +Nav +RSE - 35,000M
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I was checking my monthly email today from onstar, which always has a picture of your car at the top. This month, the picture loaded this image...

Notice that the black strip around the bottom is gone.

What a huge difference that makes. I wonder if they are changing the design to allow for a painted skirt for model year 2011. To be honest, I think it looks alot cooler with the skirt painted.

·
Registered
41,011 Posts
My SRX is gray flannel, so the skirt doesn't appear much different color than the paint anyhow.

·
Registered
2014 SRX Premium AWD in Graphite Metallic
139 Posts
I agree. The single color (at least with the white) looks a bit unfinished.

Randy

·
Registered
2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD
1,817 Posts
There's a reason for the skirt being a charcoal gray. The next time you drive on roads that are damp from a prior rain, stop and look closely at the gray skirt. You'll notice all kinds of gunk. It blends in and is barely noticeable against the dark gray. This would really stand out if the skirt was white or any other light color. You might like the way the all white looks, but you'd soon regret it when you see how impossible it is to keep clean.

Sube

·
Registered
2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD
1,817 Posts
Just checked my OnStar login. My pic is of a red SRX. It also has a skirt that matches the body color. When I think about it, I remembered it's always been that way. I don't think this is symbolic of any pending changes in body design. I think OnStar just changed the styling to suit their personal taste.

Sube

·
Registered
14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Son of a Gun Grey Metallic
3,074 Posts
Mine is also full body colour. It looks awesome, but that whole section would have to be covered in 3M vinyl if i did paint it!

·
Registered
2009 STS, 2010 SRX-T
81 Posts
Good eye! Personally, I kind of like the contrast. And I don't think that pictures an accurate representation. If you'll notice, the Cadillac crest is missing from inside the headlight and THE FRONT WINDOW IS SOLID BLACK!

·
Registered
2010 SRX Performance AWD
69 Posts
Funny thing about OnStar over the past few days. They have been jumping back and forth between a picture of a SRX to a pic of the onstar image from your mirror? Wierd

·
Registered
2010 SRX
31 Posts
Just don't get any wax or polish on that black vinyl. It's tough to get off, keeps coming back as a dirty white smudge.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
hehe. Real pictures!!

Crystal Red Metallic

Platinum Ice Metallic

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Nope, but rather then start a new thread, i decided to just put them in here; as we were wondering about full body colour on the lower cladding in this thread!

·
Registered
Previous: '08 CTS4, '09 CTS, '11 CTS4, all Premium models. No longer own a Cadillac.
2,109 Posts
IMO/to my eye... the mono-color effect (a painted skirt) on the SRX looks significantly better, particularly on an SRX finished in 'Platinum Ice'.
With the darker paint finishes it's neither here nor there.

·
Registered
2010 SRX performance Black/20's chrome
28 Posts
drwatt, Try using "Turtle wax Ice" instead of the product you are now using. It doesn't do this.

·
Registered
Formerly owned: 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale
1,865 Posts
drwatt, Try using "Turtle wax Ice" instead of the product you are now using. It doesn't do this.
I use "Ice" and it's great stuff. I agree! There's a new formulation that lasts longer than the original version.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts