Registered
2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T Manual
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0 Crimson Sport
178 Posts
wow for $395... I wonder what exactly is included and what it actually does as far as drop. They need more information on their website. When are they going to add the v-spec exhaust..that's what I want. Nice find

·
Registered
2020 XT4
96 Posts
I just submitted a request, will be interested to see what all is included in the kit and how much they charge for installation.

Hopefully it is available for the ATS Coupe and lowers the car around an inch.

Well, looks like they have a separate package for the Coupe. The coupe package is only $250 though, wonder what the difference is.

http://www.cadillacaccessories.com/en-US/ATS Coupe/2015/Accessories/Performance/Suspension Package/

This black chrome grill looks pretty cool as well.

http://www.cadillacaccessories.com/en-US/ATS Coupe/2015/Accessories/Exterior/Grille/

·
Registered
ATS
455 Posts
I wonder if the coupe already has the thicker swaybars and it's just the springs they are selling?

That black chrome grille is not quite as black in person. It's darker for sure but that pic is misleading.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey, I got some new info on the package. It includes springs and sways bars but *REQUIRES* that you have the staggered tire setup with 225 width tires in the front and 255 in the rear which of course also means the staggered wheels too.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0 Crimson Sport
178 Posts
That's a weird requirement for the wheel size. They probably just want to sell more parts. I've never heard of springs and sway bars requiring new wheels. Those parts shouldn't affect the offset.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For fitment they do not technically need the different wheels, but because the suspension was tuned with the staggered wheels in mind the warranty and dealer installs would be iffy at best. Plus, the stiffer setup makes the car more prone to oversteer without the wider rear tires.

·
Registered
NONE
48 Posts
Did they mention any details:
1) Is there a drop due to different springs?
2) How much stiffer are the springs?
3) How much for an installation?
4) Is this derived from the ATS-V springs?
Thanks

·
Registered
548 Posts
I'm surprised it's only 395 for a oem kit. Will probably get it cheaper through some of the other gm parts site. Maybe save about $50.

Labor is what's gonna hit us if you don't diy.

·
Registered
ATS
415 Posts
I'm surprised it's only 395 for a oem kit. Will probably get it cheaper through some of the other gm parts site. Maybe save about $50.

Labor is what's gonna hit us if you don't diy.
DIWHO? Not me...I will tinker a little but I wont even change the lugs since I don't have a way to set them to the right torque let alone remove the springs.

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,027 Posts
For fitment they do not technically need the different wheels, but because the suspension was tuned with the staggered wheels in mind the warranty and dealer installs would be iffy at best. Plus, the stiffer setup makes the car more prone to oversteer without the wider rear tires.
It's a factory package, so it probably still has an understeer bias. Running it without staggered tires might make it juuuuuust right. :)

Just googling for the part numbers I found them on Hendrick's website - $304 for the sedan package, $192 for the coupe package. Unfortunately, they don't provide any more details on what exactly the kits are. I just sent a PM to Luke @ Lindsay Cadillac Parts to see if he's able to dredge up any info.

·
Registered
none
1,102 Posts
I don't care for lowered cars so the springs have no interest to me. I would like more info on the sway bars. The price seems very cheap if that includes springs and sway bars.

All of them
1,795 Posts
they appear to just be the FE3 parts, springs and sways. like someone mentioned above GM says you have to upgrade to the 18" staggered fit wheels but I can't imagine theres any reason for that. some folks wondering if it lowers the car, it wont. just a stiffer suspension.

·
Registered
548 Posts
So im gonna assume our fe2 struts can handle the stiffer springs. I know on other gm vehicles it wasnt too much of a problem, just change the struts at a shorter interval.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
For the people who have asked about it, I don't believe the springs in this package contribute to a significant drop <1" if there is any. I am still trying to find out if the parts are simply FE3 parts, V parts, or something in between.

·
Registered
ATS
455 Posts
I have my stock FE3 swaybars out so I can measure those for comparison if we get measurements for these ones.
On a GM parts website the AWD ATS had a beefier front strut than mine already.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I want add these to my 3.6 but i wanted to keep my 17's are winters but if its gonna cause problems i might just pass on it

1 - 20 of 33 Posts