Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I have discovered a novel problem in my car's driver information center.(DIC) It is temperature sensitive. I have a short 15 minute commute. The DIC works perfectly every morning. But on the way home after the car has baked in the sun, the middle three functions (sound, nav and phone) no longer work. One time I parked it at night during a long party. The temp was 98 degrees. The middle three functions never worked. On a 75 degree day, there is perfect function for about 45 minutes. But in the high 80's, it maxes at 5-10 minutes. The first and fifth column work always. By the first column, I mean the line that tells about tires,range and fuel economy. The fifth line is for settings. It is not a short. No problem going over bumps and besides it recovers to perfection every morning There is nothing random about this failure. It appears to be temperature related. I have the latest version of software for the car.. I made a video to show the problem which I can provide

Note on the video that when for example the music line is selected, it lights up for two seconds and then fades. Same with nav and phone. My LCD screen works perfectly. The car is three months old.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts