Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
05 V/corsa/shifter/bushings/stealth tune/cai/19inch hre's
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
jsut put the rotors on this past weekend...I just got a chance to take the car for a drve...when i started to pull out, i hear this slight knock...i stop and put it into Reverse and let the clutch out...slow..and i heard it again...all we did is tighten up the cradle and put the rotors on...did we miss something? the noise is coming from back there....also i noticed, since tighting up the cradle..it made my bushing squeak...the car drives ok. could my rotors be installed wrong or not tight...:hmm:

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Did you have to back off the parking brakes on the rears? Is it possible that they are too loose now? This happened to me...might try adjusting them a bit.

Which bushings - the TSB bushings? Mine fit so poorly there isn't anything for them to squeak against :banghead:

·
Registered
827 Posts
Check the bolts that attach the calipers to the spindles. They come with liberal amounts of loctite from the factory and are a pain to R&R and some may not be fully tightened. So what you would hear is the caliper slaming the bolts when you apply the brakes. That is my guess.

Also, there is a small torx bolt that holds the rotors in place. You might check to make sure they are tight.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it doesnt happen when i hit the brake...i hear it when i pull out...or go into reverse...once it makes the noise one way, it wont make it anymore that way...so ill come to a complete stop go into reverse and then it makes it that way...once it makes the noise going that way it wont make it unless you change the direction...it has to be something with the e brake, the front is ok...thanks for your help...scott

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
he also said he torqued the rear cradle bolts...could this be the slight clunk noise i hear, somehow...the cradle bushings never squeaked befor either..so could the cradle be to tight now...i dont know...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts