Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard when they will be releasing a new Navigation DVD for the 2005 STS? I thought they came out at the time of a new model release ... Also, has anybody had any luck getting GM to foot the bill as they say they will in the future with the '06?

·
Registered
06 STS-1SG-ACC/HUD-Volant CAI-Corsa Exh-Mesh Grill-ClearBra
517 Posts
As yet there has not been any word about an updated release (that I'm aware of at least) and the only "official" GM information has been regarding the automatic updates starting next year based on vehicle delivery.

Both the GM NavDisk website & phone number that they released are still not active and very well may not be until next year sometime according to my Service Manager & Sales Director who also say that there is no word on a pending part number or release for any upgrade at this time. Who knows, tommorrow's another day to hope and pray...

There was also to the best of my knowledge never any information released at all regarding the 2005 model year and GM only made the committment to annual releases starting with the 2006 model year so the "model release" item is a moving forward target, not something they have been doing in the past.

Wouldn't it be a nice Chritmas present though...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Sent a letter to Cadillac Customer Service regarding this issue and a couple of others. After two months I received a phone call. She read me my concerns from my letter and I reiterated my displeasure at Cadillac regarding the VR and the fact that the new 06 owners get a free upgrade but the 05 owners do not. She sort of blew it off and said too bad, sorry you are unhappy but there is nothing we can do. We will mark your file as unhappy and displeased, thank you and good bye. As stated previously in another post, Cadillac has no clue about good customer service. They have abandoned the 05 owners and moved on. It is no wonder why GM is in so much difficulty and why Lexus and others rank so high in customer satisfaction. After 40 years of GM products (support our American companies) and two Cadillacs in three years, I will either purchase a Ford Lincoln or a foreign luxury car the next time. They just do not get it.

·
Registered
2003 DTS
61 Posts
I agree that Cad Customer Service is more lip service than real service. I've only contacted them several times and each time it was very unsatisfying. Once I wanted some info on the new Nav DVD (Release 4... I believe it was). They couldn't give me much of any info on POIs added or new coverage. They told me to go to the parts counter at the dealer.

The problem is IMHO they are third party contractors and not Caddy employees. It's the typical outcome, whether you are a home builder or a car maker that sub contractors aren't as conscientious or as knowledgeable as the GC or OEM. There's a different relationship that exists between these subs and the manufacturer and the twain never meets on a working level, nor do they share tech info. I could list a number of legitimate areas at GM where customer service problems are due to top level management decisions.

I'm surprised that Caddy Support isn't in India. But be forewarned GM, when that happens Caddy can kiss my butt goodbye.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts