Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2016 CTS-V
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the offer yesterday from GM Nav Disc Center for disc upgrade for $129.00 if ordered by 7/31/7. Then the person on the line told me a new version was being released for sale 1st of August. I asked her if the current ones are on sale to get rid of them at the "blowout" and she said yes :eek: . So buy 'em while they're cheap and obsolete :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2010 Cadillac CTS-V
268 Posts
Ohhhh, I am so PISSED off. I bought 2 weeks ago for 199!!!!!! If anyone wants the firmware update CD let me know. I may can arrange a download....

·
Registered
2010 Cadillac CTS-V
268 Posts
I'm in need of the firmware update CD.
PM me your email and I will let you know something tomorrow. I can't PM cause I don't have 20 posts.

·
Registered
05 CTS-V
23,162 Posts

·
Registered
17 xt5 & Blk 05 cts-v
2,470 Posts
hey sotxmike can you post up contact info for GM Nav Disc center. I want to call and try to get one. Thanks

·
Registered
2010 Cadillac CTS-V
268 Posts
If you are done with the flash CD's, please return them. :rant2:

There are other people who would like to use them.

Reed and I did this to help fellow V owners, but there are some real PINHEADS among us who are being selfish and inconsiderate.
If you want another I will send it to you and you can put it in the mix.

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)
17,712 Posts
Since I have a 07 V I am supposed to get free updates but I have received nothing. I contacted the GM Nav disk department and they told me you need to register to get these disks and I had not registered. I think the dealer should take care of this or at least let me know I have to do this. Funny thing is they have my VIN number and they even know when I purchased the car.

I am registered now and he was going to send me an obsolete disk for my first "Free" disk. Since I have had the car since October I should have gotten the disk then because there was an update and I have the old one.

I have "negotiated" with them to send me the next update as my first and they told me "The next update wasn't until next September not this September, sometimes they skip a year" I think they told me this to try and get me to take the obsolete one. Kind of sneaky if this is true :tisk: , I hope it's not.

Is this next update only for the 04 and 05's or is good for all of the V's?

·
Registered
05 maggied CTS-V, 2017 NSX Whoo Hoo!
8,810 Posts
It does no good to have the files.

The CD flash disc has hidden tracks that do not allow the disc to be duplicated (at least with any program out there that I know of) in a manner that will work in the unit.

The hidden tracks set up the loader and bios flash utilities (my guess).

Be my guest though.

By the way, the true proof of the pudding is sticking the backup in the unit and seeing it get recognized by the unit.
Several people here have bragged about copying it, but then find out it doesn't work.:thepan:

Trust me on this one.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
931 Posts
Dumb question (I think): Do you need the reflash if you purchase the updated NAV disc?

I'm thinking of buying the current disc for $129. It will still be newer than the original I have for my 04.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,018 Posts
If you are done with the flash CD's, please return them. :rant2:

There are other people who would like to use them.

Reed and I did this to help fellow V owners, but there are some real PINHEADS among us who are being selfish and inconsiderate.
Did you get the disk I mailed?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts