Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 FWB Blk on Blk. (120K) 98 Deville Concours, 1991 SDV.
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Just wanted to inform everyone that I ordered two Walker mufflers for my 98ETC and they went in pretty easy considering how exhaust work usually goes. Rock Auto, OEM like quality ones. little over 100 each but worth it. They even come with the dual chrome tips ready to go. Just a FYI for others.

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
Got a part # for those interested. Exhaust work seldom goes easily for me also.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The part numbers are: 53473 and 53474. Right and left side. They mount up to the stock intermediate pipe. Have the correct angles to them. Just like stock. How I like it. Quiet SS type mufflers they say on them. I will see shortly how they sound. I imagine quiet but ever so slight rumble like stock.

·
Registered
2002 STS/ 1994 STS
229 Posts
I had these installed in Feb.2010, they are Walker mufflers that come with the chrome tips, but the quality doesn't even come close to the OE. They still look pretty cool and worth the $400

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")
6,405 Posts
Yeah I am at the second set of Walker mufflers now. Is true are direct fit and are as quiet as the OEM ones use to be, but quality...well is not the same (hence I am at the second set in 4 years). The second set is advertised as SS (formula changed from previously), they look a bit better but I am not sure how long will last, I am not keeping my hopes high.
But since the alternative is something that drones you out of the car and looks obviously aftermarket...

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac STS (Diamond White on Medici Red, Z-rated)
103 Posts
I've still got the original pair on my '97 STS, I was under there in the summer and they still look new. I've always wondered what I'm going to do when they eventually need replacing. They're a little quiet for me though, I love the sound of the Corsa system for the '98-'04 body style.. :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good to see others have been this route with these Walkers. My entire exhaust system is still stock at close to 170K, and no leaks yet with the rest of the system. Now with these new mufflers, it is so quiet. I love it. Motor seems to run better as well with the correct back-pressure now. I can actually hear the slight humm of the N* motor. Equal quality to OEM, maybe not, but will last a long time anyhow. Will last the life of this thing. Under an hour they were on, (I have my own car hoist) and no welding needed. I made sure to get the mufflers and the dual tips exactly centered and out like stock so they look the best from behind... I am picky. looks like pic. with Scott F's. He did a good job as well. My cost was only about $230.00 plus two HD 2 1/8 inch muffler clamps. Rubber hangers (4) were still re-usable. Sure is tough getting them off those mushroom-head brackests though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts