Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2000 DTS / 2005 STS
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I went yesterday and had a set of Monroe Max Air MA822 shocks installed in my 2000 Cadillac DTS. The tech advised me it would be a plug-n-play procedure so to speak and my compressor would still raise/lower the rear depending on the weight added/subtracted of course. Well first let me say they did level the car out and the rear handles a lot better. However today my dash display began to read "Service Stability System" / "Service Suspension System" / "Speed Limited To 90", it also threw 2 new DTC codes which I pulled, looked up, and listed below. Now I returned the car to the shop that did the install and they said everything was working properly but since the MA822's aren't equal to my DTS shocks its just gonna throw codes. But they did offer a solution by adding a resistor to made by a company called Suncore Industries that would solve these codes and messages on my display. Of course I'm now leary so I'd like some input to see what all you guru's think. Was something done wrong during the install.....will these resistors work....or am I screwed....again lol??? Any feedback/help is greatly appreciated!!!

RSS C0589- left rear solenoid circuit open / current
RSS C0594- right rear solenoid circuit open / current

Message Displays:
"Service Stability System"
"Service Suspension System"
"Speed Limited To 90"

·
Registered
98 Deville, '15 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium, '12 Ford Escape
3,294 Posts
Did your new Monroe shocks have an electrical harness coming out of them?

If not a resistor is required, hopefully they did not charge you more than $.99 for each one. They can be bought at Radio Shack.

Did your old DTS shocks have a harness coming off of them?

·
Registered
2000 DTS / 2005 STS
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just ordered the 2 resistors from Suncore Industries. Belle Tire is convinced this will remove the eroor messages and DTC's so I guess we'll see. Has anyone else had the Monroe Max Air MA822's installed and faced these issues???

·
Registered
2000 DTS / 2005 STS
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did your new Monroe shocks have an electrical harness coming out of them?

If not a resistor is required, hopefully they did not charge you more than $.99 for each one. They can be bought at Radio Shack.

Did your old DTS shocks have a harness coming off of them?
Well they didn't show me the old or new parts so I have no idea and can't answer either of those questions. The resistors from Suncore Industries were $10 each plus $9 shipping for a total of $29 to my door. Belle Tire said if I purchase the resistors they'll install them free.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
72,791 Posts
You can accomplish the same resistor bypass with a $1.50 pack of carbon resistors from Radio Shack. 3700 or 4500 Ohms - JimD knows.

If you have to install resistors to clear codes, you car is no longer a DTS - the active suspension is disabled and it's now a standard passive suspension car.

·
Registered
2000 DTS / 2005 STS
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can accomplish the same resistor bypass with a $1.50 pack of carbon resistors from Radio Shack. 3700 or 4500 Ohms - JimD knows.

If you have to install resistors to clear codes, you car is no longer a DTS - the active suspension is disabled and it's now a standard passive suspension car.
Yeah it's to the point I just wanna keep it on the road lol, the Monroe shocks perform great, I don't even notice a difference from the OEM!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts