Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Escalade Sport, 2018 Escalade Luxury & 2018 Camry Hybrid XLE
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the Goodyear Touring which came with my truck and they only lasted 25k for the front the rears looked like they had about 10k left on them. I didn’t rotate my tires which was a bad thing to do. So instead of just replacing the two fronts to Goodyear Touring I went for a whole set of Michelins which I can say so far the truck drives way better than it ever did. Now I want to know how often should I rotate my tires?

The Goodyears reminds me of printer ink that comes with the printer which is to get you started. I paid $1525 installed which I think is a great price since I only had to wait a hour and they had them in stock.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
216 Posts
Rotate every 7,500 miles or six months. That's what GM has in the owners manual and nearly every automaker/shop recommends.

It's a nice tire, definitely looking into getting a set after I wear out these Pirelli's so I can see how they compare. I feel almost any set is better than the Bridgestone's they come with from the factory.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I had to drill two mini holes & tie-wrap both the driver & passenger side towards the front on the wheel liners to the frame and the driver rear as well. My new Michelins 285/45 22 was hitting the wheel liners when turning all the way. The passenger rear I was able to trim a little. When I had my Goodyear Touring 285/45 r22 and when the tires were new it did the same thing but not so bad. Eventually the Touring started to wear in and the rubbing went away after 15k miles. The Michelins do come with more thread so I guess I had to do it because I was going to wait 15k miles. My wife and son kept asking me what is that sound when turning. Now I can exchange for 275/50 r22 but the tires will be less wide. I haven’t found someone yet that has tried the 275/50 r22 on the 2015-2020 Escalade that can tell me that they ride better since it is taller. Can someone please tell me if you notice a ride difference or am I going to have to try it first. I would hate to do it and not be happy with the outcome.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Just curious, is there that much more rubber on the Michelin’s vs the factory Bridgstone’s for the tire to be rubbing? I have the same size tire and had no rubbing issues when I went from the Bridgestone’s to Pirelli’s, so trying to see why the Michelin’s would rub before I end up with the same issue down the road.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had the Goodyear Touring before the Michelin’s so I don’t know about the Bridgestone. I have read somewhere that some people had issues with there factory wheels rubbing and the dealer uses tie-wraps to resolve it. It’s not a big deal to do and doesn’t show. The Michelin 285/45 r22 does look great though. I am still undecided if I want to exchange for the 275/50 r22 since they are not as wide but taller.

·
Registered
'18 Escalade ESV Platinum
288 Posts
I had the Goodyear Touring before the Michelin’s so I don’t know about the Bridgestone. I have read somewhere that some people had issues with there factory wheels rubbing and the dealer uses tie-wraps to resolve it. It’s not a big deal to do and doesn’t show. The Michelin 285/45 r22 does look great though. I am still undecided if I want to exchange for the 275/50 r22 since they are not as wide but taller.
I'm with you -- I like the width of the 285s. I got the Michelin Premier's and they actually look wider than the OEM Bridgestones for some reason -- I guess it's the tread pattern or the overall design -- and they ride like a dream! I didn't like the blocky look of the defender and extended longevity was not a concern of mine.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I'm with you -- I like the width of the 285s. I got the Michelin Premier's and they actually look wider than the OEM Bridgestones for some reason -- I guess it's the tread pattern or the overall design -- and they ride like a dream! I didn't like the blocky look of the defender and extended longevity was not a concern of mine.
The premiers are discontinued. Take a look at Michelins website to see. I would have purchased the premiers if they still sold them.
Product Yellow Font Material property Screenshot
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Product Tread

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you have your tires rotated when you get your oil changed, you should be good (assuming you don't go more than 7500 miles between oil changes).
I go by the OLM which usually is 5k. I do have free tire rotation from discount tire.

·
Registered
288 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I did not know that. I'm glad I got some back in November. They ride and look like a dream! I on.y have 5k miles on them but they are fantastic. They'll probably last until we get a current gen Escalade.
I got the Defenders and it’s been 5 days and so far I am loving it. I did have to put the wheel liners back a little towards the front end and the passenger side back end. I also had to trim very very little. I was also having the issue with the Goodyear touring when turning sharply. From what I understand that the Defenders have more thread than the Premiers. That is all I know about the difference unless you can share more info.

·
Registered
288 Posts
From what I researched before I bought them, the defenders will last a good bit longer, premiers handle better with a softer ride therefore the softer rubber. Tread design totally different. Premiers are more rounded on the edges like a sport tire.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts