Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello members. My name is Michael and I am a new owner of a 2008 Escalade. I purchased the car in November of last year and got a great deal at the time. I am a member of some other car boards (BMW) and hope to contribute to this board as well.

So far the car has been a real pleasure to drive. I have had some little things go wrong (sensors stop beeping and blinkers don't "click" software upgrade has appeared to fix this) but nothing major.

I have having an issue with a rattle that I cannot seem to locate. When driving, the rattle is coming from over the drivers left shoulder. When I was in for a recent service, the SA was very helpful, along with the tech and we thought it was fixed when the tech replaced the seat belt coil (under the panel b/t 2 left doors) but it has returned. I would say the sound is coming from somewhere between the shoulder part of the seatbelt of the driver and the back of the rear door on the left side, possibly the door or roof. It sounds like a plastic on plastic rattle and cannot locate it for the life of me. Every time I ask my wife to come for a ride it doesn't make the sound and she thinks I'm crazy. :rant2:

Thanks in advance for any ideas you can offer. I am open to suggestions as it drives me nuts......

Michael

PS - can I edit the title of the thread to include "rattle" in the description?

·
Registered
41,009 Posts
Hello Michael and :welcome: I can't help with the rattle, but maybe someone else can.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Welcome to the Forum :) It maybe the loop that holds the belt to the side of the truck, my early 07' made a rattle from that location

·
Premium Member
17 XTS Platinum V-Sport; 17 Buick Envision AWD Turbo; 10 Lincoln MKS AWD Twin Turbo
3,766 Posts
Welcome! My signals do not click....I thought they were designed that way..:thepan:

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
:welcome5: to the forums. Thanks for signing up. Best of luck getting that annoying rattle located. I know from experience chasing down a rattle can be a difficult chore. You deserve a quiet ride in a Cadillac. If you can't find it you should take it back to the dealer and have them make it right for you.

·
Registered
Escalade
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi guys. Thanks for the welcome. I FINALLY figured where the rattle is coming from. After many times of having my wife drive as I sit in the back, I opened the sunroof panel and located the rattle. It's up in the sunroof area, drivers side on the rear. It only does it maybe 3 or 4 times a week for 20 minutes or so. I may try spraying some WD40 in there. But I would be doing this blind. Is this a bad idea? Thoughts? I may start a new post cause the title of this one will not draw that much attention. Thanks again for the welcome!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts