Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
12 CTS 3.6 Coupe Premium Black
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going this afternoon to make a deal on a 2012 CTS Coupe/Performance trim. I've wanted a CTS coupe for a long time. I won't be getting a V, but the 3.6l I'm looking at seems to have every other feature I could want.

Looking forward to my new to me car, and hanging out here.

·
Registered
SOLD - 2010 CTS4 Premium Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere Interior
2,930 Posts
Going this afternoon to make a deal on a 2012 CTS Coupe/Performance trim. I've wanted a CTS coupe for a long time. I won't be getting a V, but the 3.6l I'm looking at seems to have every other feature I could want.

Looking forward to my new to me car, and hanging out here.
Welcome, the best thing you can do for you and your CTS coupe is to read these threads and posts. There is an amazing amount of info here and it will help you understand how your car works. Reading the owners manual is a good thing to do too.

Marv

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thank you for the welcome. :)

I went and test drove a few on my short list. Made an offer on the white 12 Performance I mentioned earlier. While they went over the numbers, I left and checked out the last on my list. After a few hours of dealing, and paperwork, I am the proud owner of a 2012 CTS 3.6 Coupe/Premium trim/Raven and Ebony!!! 23000 miles, as clean as new, and all the features I wanted.

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Once I was out of there, I went to pick up a buddy to help me move my truck, and the car back home. I let him get behind the wheel, so I could admire my new toy. These are gorgeous automobiles. I've wanted one for a long while. 2015-06-04 23.24.41.jpg

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Once I was done moving cars around I went for a little drive. Headed for the freeway. 10pm, and traffic!!! Uggh That's okay, the weekend is almost here. :)

2015-06-04 23.25.35.jpg

I'm very happy with what I've chosen!!!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now for the first couple of newbie questions.

1) Is a copy of the owners manual available online? No paper version included. I didn't see 2012 in the sticky links. I haven't even tried a search yet.

2) I started looking through the GUI for Bluetooth settings. I couldn't find anything to set it up with my phone. Can one of you give me a quick lesson?

3) I'm a gadget freak, and completely entertained by the cockpit. How many buttons ARE in this car? LOL

·
Registered
Previous:2005 Cadillac XLR; Current:2014 Cadillac CTS Coupe
299 Posts
Owners manual is online at the main Cadillac website. Go to the bottom to go to owners section and there is a section where you can get a PDF version of any of the newer models. 2012 will definitely be there.

·
Registered
Previous:2005 Cadillac XLR; Current:2014 Cadillac CTS Coupe
299 Posts
By the way, welcome and congrats, these cars are great. I love mine. There are also self help videos as well as the manuals on the Cadillac.com website.

Setting up Bluetooth on this car was very different from most other vehicles I've owned. Here are the instructions from the manual:
bluetoothcts.jpg

·
Registered
2012 CTS, thunder grey chromaflair
120 Posts
Thank you for the welcome. :)

I went and test drove a few on my short list. Made an offer on the white 12 Performance I mentioned earlier. While they went over the numbers, I left and checked out the last on my list. After a few hours of dealing, and paperwork, I am the proud owner of a 2012 CTS 3.6 Coupe/Premium trim/Raven and Ebony!!! 23000 miles, as clean as new, and all the features I wanted.
plastidipped grill and wheel, very nice!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't know what is exactly supposed to be black, and what's not. Wheels, fender "vents", grill, window trim, trunk trim under Crest, and exhaust tip are all black. The HL's, and FL's are all thats left chrome on the exterior.

2015-06-05 09.25.21.jpg

2015-06-05 09.25.52.jpg

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Couple more questions.

What is normal oil pressure at idle?

What is this tab at bottom of fob?

2015-06-05 10.04.20.jpg

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks again, gentlemen. :2thumbs:

Burned through my first full tank of fuel, and I can't say anything you don't already know.

I definately prefer having the xmsn in sport mode.

Stopped at one of our local dealerships for some swag. I found owners manuals online, and ordered a paper set also.

Just got to the tint shop to get the windows done.

I absolutely love the car!!!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts