Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1995 SLS 200K miles
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sal,
I am enjoying looking around your site. I am a retired engine builder, mostly NASCAR and ASA shortrack Chevies. I own a 95sls and hope I can help out some with engine topics. Always a 'gearhead'.

ljk

·
Premium Member
9,575 Posts
Hi LJK! Thanks for signing up! Cool.. A techie on board! That's what I like to see. :) Thanks for offering to help out! I'm sure your knowledge will be very appreciated by many...

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,754 Posts
Sal,
I am enjoying looking around your site. I am a retired engine builder, mostly NASCAR and ASA shortrack Chevies. I own a 95sls and hope I can help out some with engine topics. Always a 'gearhead'.

ljk
Welcome aboard! Thank you for signing up! Wow. It's been a year since he's been here...

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
Ultimate thread resurrection! 6 years +

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Damn, I was hoping more would welcome this guy before you old guys came in to ruin the fun...

But I think a little resurrection is good every now and then. OK, it's revolution(from HFRO), but this applies...

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
29,055 Posts
Damn, I was hoping more would welcome this guy before you old guys came in to ruin the fun...

But I think a little resurrection is good every now and then. OK, it's revolution(from HFRO), but this applies...
This guy was a real celebrity. He built the engine that Cale Yarborough used to win the Southern 500 at Darlington in 1982. The engines he built were pushing those old monster cars at lap speeds over 200MPH at Talladega and Daytona. He hasn't been around for quite a while and he may have passed on.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
This guy was a real celebrity. He built the engine that Cale Yarborough used to win the Southern 500 at Darlington in 1982. The engines he built were pushing those old monster cars at lap speeds over 200MPH at Talladega and Daytona. He hasn't been around for quite a while and he may have passed on.
Damn, I hope not! Before being a lifelong Dale fan, I was a Cale fan. I'd love to hear some Cale stories!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts