Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, fairly new ats owner. I have owned my 2013 awd 3.6 for around a year now.
Rolled over 70k odometer this month. Its bone stock. No mods at all.
However I did just place an order for the Overkill stage 1 supercharger kit. So that is why i decided to get on the forum mostly, looking for help if needed in the future. Other than that I really like the sub forum on the Appearance section for future cosmetic ideas.
20200803_110814.jpg

·
Registered
2013 ATS 3.6L Luxury
310 Posts
Welcome aboard. I remember a vendor threatening to make an ATS supercharger kit for the 3.6 when I 1st joined the forum, but that turned out to be vaporware. Don't remember reading about anyone doing this mod on a 3.6. So you will be the pioneer/guinea pig. ;)

Are you installing an ATS specific kit?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a full kit for sale specifically for the ATS 3.6 online. Im not sure how many he has sold. The gentlemans youtube video has his personal 2013 Ats with it installed and running. That was in April of 2019. And at that time he said he was delaying the kits release to put some more miles on the build. Everything looks legitimate to me. I haven't been able to reach him yet through email. Just hoping he checks either email or his PayPal account soon. Every single one of my previous cars or trucks have been built and boosted. So I'm getting bored with my stock setup.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is an update from Will:
quick update is I’m moving forward with a switch to Procharger head units instead of Vortech. Along with Vortech's production issues which are now several months behind, Procharger has been great to discuss technical specs with to get the new units for the Overkill kits set up, and I feel confident this is an upgrade and not just a switch.

I’m setting up different head units for the Stage 1 (base kit) and Stage 2 kits. The Stage 1 will have a P series supercharger that’s near identical in air output compared to the Vortech V3 it replaces, while the Stage 2 will have a larger D series head unit with more air output. The Stage 1 P series is specced to produce more boost mid-rpm and so more torque in the mid-rpm range than the Vortech was, with similar peak horsepower numbers, and can still be upgraded to original Stage 2 specs in future just as before with the fuel pump, injectors and smaller pulley. When purchasing Stage 2 at the initial kit purchase, that’s when the D series upgrade is introduced; Stage 2 pricing will increase by $400 to change the supercharger size but I anticipate an increase in power output of 20-25 wheel horsepower over previous Stage 2 levels and will have the higher ceiling to support max effort builds.

There's minor redesign work going on right now for the new mounting plate which should be finished tomorrow and more minor items like the inlet tubing and supercharger pulleys. I anticipate shipping towards the end of the Aug 17-21 week, so you've caught me at a good time, I've orders dating back to June when Vortech thought they'd be looking at a minor delay only with Covid supply issues. I believe the supercharger kit is improving as a result of this switch which makes the effort all the more worthwhile!

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,046 Posts
I was under the impression that the 3.6 wouldn't easily accept a performance increase though no other details were provided in the statement I read on that. Is applying boost to this motor a good idea?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There is always a risk involved in adding power adders to any naturally aspirated motor. I personally am going to keep my car stage 1. Adding a 100 hp with proper tuning will be pretty safe. There are quite a few long running v6 cameros lfx supercharger applications out there. But once you start heavily modding an NA purpose engineered motor, leaving stock internals, it would be unreliable. I just parted out my 700whp Whipple Johnny Lightning Performance 97 f150. So I'm bored with my NA caddy. I want something more streetable. No big cam. I'm enjoying the quiet ride of the caddy. That's why I haven't added exhaust on my ride. I'm getting old ( closing in on 40) I like the quiet now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts