Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I am the proud owner of my "New" 2005 CTS with a 3.6 engine and 12,800 miles. Wow, what a car!

Traded in a '98 Lincoln Continental and just love this new machine. It is White Diamond in color and is immaculate.

Two days into the baby being in my garage, I spotted a bit of oil stain on the floor at the rear axle location. Took it into the Dealer, and what an experience. They immediatley gave me a 2007 CTS loaner for the day and fixed the problem by installing a new pinion seal.

I think this car and me are going to be a very happy marriage.

Fred

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac STS
742 Posts
:welcome: Great buy on the cts, welcome to the forum and welcome to mod hell. Use the search feature and you will find answers to most any questions you have. Also, Reed's faq is a good source of info: http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/index.html

Also look into becoming a supporting member, it's pretty cheap and there are a lot of good people on this forum who know a ton about cadillacs (and cars in general). You guys need to post some pics of your new rides!!

btw, Right Turn will be along soon to officially welcome you to the forum. She is our welcome wagon, cruise director, hostess and all around sweetheart.

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
41,011 Posts
:welcome5: Fred and Samiam!! Congrats on the new rides!

·
Registered
2007 CTS White Diamond - 1997 Deville Silver Mist
289 Posts
Hello All,
I am the proud owner of my "New" 2005 CTS with a 3.6 engine and 12,800 miles. Wow, what a car!

Traded in a '98 Lincoln Continental and just love this new machine. It is White Diamond in color and is immaculate.

Two days into the baby being in my garage, I spotted a bit of oil stain on the floor at the rear axle location. Took it into the Dealer, and what an experience. They immediatley gave me a 2007 CTS loaner for the day and fixed the problem by installing a new pinion seal.

I think this car and me are going to be a very happy marriage.

Fred
Congrats on your new car. We have very similar cars. Mine is an '07 with the 3.6 engine and White Diamond. I have the "Bose" edition that Cadillac has been advertising on TV - 3.6 engine, Sunroof, Bose Radio. I have the Cashmere Leather Interior - you didn't say what color your interior is. I love this car in White Diamond. It really brings out the lines beautifully. If you didn't know, that color is a $1,000 option. Just to let you know, you can't get touch up paint for this color. The dealer explained to me that it's a mixture of 3 different colors and they couldn't get it right for touch up paint. The dealer told me to stop by their body shop with a small container and they would mix up some paint for me that I can use as touch up.

Regarding the pinion seal, unfortunately, that's one of the flaws of the CTS. Mine started leaking at 1,500 miles, but it was an easy fix and I got a loaner car as well. You were lucky that your dealer gives you a loaner right from their stock. My dealer uses Enterprise for their loaner cars, so it's like you're renting a car except the dealer picks up the tab. I got a Buick Lucerne as my loaner for a day and a half.

Anyway, I love the CTS. It's really a great car - a great mix between sportiness and luxury. And the 3.6 Liter engine is great.

Lots of luck with yours,
Richie.

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Richie,
Thanks for the congrat and the info on the paint. I didn't know that color was extra money. It sure looks good and my wife loves it.

My interior is a light neutural but I don't know the actual color name and I didn't get that Bose radio. That is the one thing I will miss from my old Lincoln that had the JBL Premium sound system.

ON the loaner from the dealer, it was Enterprise that gave me the car. They have an office right in the dealership. They simply ask me what I brought in for service and then gave me the same car . . . minus a ton of options . . . but the price was right. LOL

Thanks again for the followup . . .

Fred

X

·
0 Posts
welcome welcome. You've found the place to brag on/trick out/get info/show off your CTS. lets see the pics...

·
Registered
Cadillac
4 Posts
Hi All,

I was surfing around for Cadillac sites on the internet and can across your Forum. I just purchased a 2007 CTS 3.6L, Bose Edition, with the Luxury package, in Radiant Bronze and a Cashmere interior. What a great machine and ride! I look forward to chating with all in the future.

·
Registered
41,011 Posts
Hi All,

I was surfing around for Cadillac sites on the internet and can across your Forum. I just purchased a 2007 CTS 3.6L, Bose Edition, with the Luxury package, in Radiant Bronze and a Cashmere interior. What a great machine and ride! I look forward to chating with all in the future.
:welcome5: aboard, JJ! Congrats on your new CTS.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts