Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm need here and I'll becoming a owner of a 93 seville :thumbsup: pretty soon. My story goes like this, I'm getting this car for 500 bucks the interior and exterior are in good shape, but the car needs a new engine. Does anyone knows where I can get a new (used) engine?

Thanks all.

·
Registered
1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....
10,429 Posts
Welcome to the forums! :welcome:

There are a few ways to go. You could try one from a junk yard but you would have no idea what shape it is in. Finding another car like yours with a decent donor engine might not be practical. The best money would likely be to get yourself a long block from a re-builder. I would start with a search online and also check with your local auto parts stores.

One other option might be to re-build it yourself.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Been down that same road and with no luck finding one for my 94 STS. Here is a great site for links to rebuilders and such. First contact a local engine rebuilder in your area and see if they can locate one for you. Some mechanics in my area have contracts with rebuilders and are certified to install the engines and they offer great warranties.

http://www.carestoration.com/engines.htm

Wish you luck in finding that engine.

·
Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
1,164 Posts
rice-rocket said:
Hello all,

I'm need here and I'll becoming a owner of a 93 seville :thumbsup: pretty soon. My story goes like this, I'm getting this car for 500 bucks the interior and exterior are in good shape, but the car needs a new engine. Does anyone knows where I can get a new (used) engine?

Thanks all.
Does it have a 4.9 or a 4.6?

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
oh i know im just stating that in 93 the N* was for the STS only im pretty sure the normal Seville only had the 4.9

·
Registered
21 Posts
any body need a 1994 eldorado touring .with 84 thousand miles on it runs good body good.charco gray the guy wants 4.000 for it here in topeka kansas.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts