Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Fleetwood
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hello ladies and gentlemen...I assume the vast majority are gentlemen, since this is a Cadillac forum, after all...let the ladies have their Civic forums! I've been a big fan of large cars since I was a kid, and have owned many, including two '82 Coupe DeVilles in my youth. Last summer, I said "screw it", and bought a '94 Fleetwood Brougham with 114,000 miles and 3 previous owners who seemed to have taken good care of her. With the exception of a rusty rear bumper, she's in great shape with no rust at all, and a damn clean undercarriage for an Ohio car. I'll take more pictures come springtime, when I get her out of storage...but this is all I've got for now. Taken two weeks ago when I took it out of storage for a wash and some spirited driving to "blow the dust off"... unnamed (7).jpg

I know it's not as simple as this, but the plan is long tubes, head work, higher gears, possibly a shift kit or converter, a good tune, and '26 inch rims.

I'm joking about the rims, of course. Perhaps some Torque Thrusts though! If money were no option, I'd do heads and cam, with everything that goes along with getting her breathing right, and a manual transmission for giggles. I've always wanted a sleeper! Being a reasonable man however, I'd be happy with something that makes myself and my passengers laugh, and surprises idiots on the interstate. Being an LT1, it's not too far off, as it's made me smile a few times...just have to give her some love (and money). In about 2k of driving, I've had to replace the starter (Corvette starter), and there is an intermittent issue where, when warmed up, the key in the ignition is simply there to turn on the radio and lights...literally, nothing else happens until it cools down. No solenoids, no starter...nothing. I've got to do some searching on this. Anyway, glad to be here, and I hope to contribute, and gain some knowledge!

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,479 Posts
Welcome to CF !!! :highfive:

FYI, We have quite a membership of "ladies" who drive everything from sedate Fleetwoods to highly modified STS-V and CTS-V machines - and who can easily hand you your butt at the end of a dragstrip.

·
Registered
1994 Fleetwood
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I believe it, but I certainly wouldn't joke about them being "ladies"...I was talking more about the import drivers with NOS decals, giant spoilers, and CAIs that give an extra 25 at the wheels.:bigroll: For the record, I have an '07 Ford Focus as my daily driver. (also a '73 Continental in "limbo")

·
Registered
95 FWB 81SDV 96 FWB 94 Fleetwood
1,476 Posts
Your non starting problem is common to these cars when the Vats key wires start to break.. What I have done and many others here is put a resistor in the circuit . There a few threads with pictures on how to do it.

·
Registered
1994 Fleetwood
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've read about the issues with the Vats, and the trick with the resistors, and I've considered that as being the problem. I only seems to do it when the car has been running hot...by the way, do they run hot? This small 350 seems absurdly hot, even when compared to the 460 in my 40 year old Lincoln. @talismandave, it's a 4-door Continental. 0703111712.jpg

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado, 1974 Talisman, 2004 Volvo C70, 1975 Fleetwood 'd Elegance
7,958 Posts
Awesome car, I luv's me the big old iron!:highfive:

·
Registered
95 FWB 81SDV 96 FWB 94 Fleetwood
1,476 Posts
If it is getting that hot, better start taking it apart to find out why. Start with thermostat... Waterpump or drive system for it.. Or air in the system? Did you get a good amount of heat in the car?

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
4,414 Posts
Congrats, happy driving with that gorgeous car :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts