Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V LPE 630
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen (ladies?), getting ready to become a first time caddy owner (used '09-'10 CTS-V). Currently in a C6Z06 and have a company vehicle, when my company lease is up 8/31 I can take an '11 Avalon or $1,000 mo allowance so I'm going to sell the Z (have a deposit), take the allowance and drive a four-door ZR1 everyday! I considered the M5 and CLS63 but decided on the V

I'm tracking a couple of cars now, if anyone is selling or knows of a private party selling I will be a cash buyer in 2-6 weeks (no dealers please).

Ext Color - Not real picky, I'm open
Int Color - Has to be black Recaro
Trans - Not real picky, I'm open
Options I want - NAV, Premium Sound
Options I can give or take - Roof, Sueded wheel/shifter
Options I don't want - polished wheels
Mods - I welcome them (exhaust, CAI, tune, pulleys)

Well I look forward to bugging you ALL in the near future! Any words of advice/wisdom are welcome.....

Bob :2thumbs:

Bob

·
Registered
2009 cts-v
971 Posts
If you can arrange it, I might suggest driving the ones you are seriously considering as close together as you can and preferably on the same day if possible. By doing so, I think that you might find that by comparing V's this way that often times one V speaks to you a little more loudly!

Best of luck and welcome aboard.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V LPE 630
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome and advice. Caddynoob, yes I've owned 2 busas (one stock, one heavilly modded). Basically if it goes fast I want to own it much to my wife's disapproval. She only allows me one toy at a time so currently no bikes and soon no C6Z.

·
Registered
13 Volt, 2008 Outlook XR (05 CTS Blk/Blk Traded-in)
662 Posts
:welcome:

·
Banned
2009 CTS-V, 2007 Z06
2,843 Posts
such a shame, you have to get rid of the z. I have both and luckly my soon to be wife supports both of them, so I get to keep them ;) My v is stock for now, and the z isn't.. :) he he he

Welcome.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V LPE 630
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
such a shame, you have to get rid of the z. I have both and luckly my soon to be wife supports both of them, so I get to keep them ;) My v is stock for now, and the z isn't.. :) he he he

Welcome.
So if you had to have just one which would it be??? I'm having some SERIOUS anxiety over selling the Z but the wife would FLIP, I don't ven have garage space for all three with her Lexus and all my other crap!

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V
363 Posts
:welcome:

Decisions, Decisions....thats what I love about making a new purchase...like a kid at X-Mas time...gotta love it.

Enjoy the V!!

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V, 2008 C6 Z51, 2010 ML 450H, 2007 BMW 335i
191 Posts
So if you had to have just one which would it be??? I'm having some SERIOUS anxiety over selling the Z but the wife would FLIP, I don't ven have garage space for all three with her Lexus and all my other crap!

Welcome to the forum, nice to have another fellow Corvette Owner. That's a tough question as I wouldn't get rid of my C6 and my wife agreed. If you work hard, why not keep it. Anyway, the V is great (does have some quality problems though) and its really like having a 4 door vette except with much more luxury and the ability to drive like a comfortable luxury sedan.

When in doubt, buy here jewelery and then make your purchase (while keeping the Vette). The jewelery will compensate for the onset of your new toy!:highfive:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts