Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2005 STS-4
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

New member here. Just wanted to post a quick introduction.

I’ve always been partial to either American luxury or sport vehicles, but have owned neither these past few years (SUV).

When it came time to purchase a “new” used vehicle, I wanted to go back to something I actually love to drive (see prior luxury or sport comment). I had seriously considered a German luxury make and model (I’ll let you guess which), but had been concerned never owning a foreign vehicle (repair availability, costs, etc.).

I’d seen a few CTS models, and having owned a Cadillac prior (’95 SLS), I’d given it some thought. After looking up specs, etc., I figured this could be the perfect combination of luxury and sport I was looking for.

While basically all but deciding on a CTS, an ’05 STS-4 came-up and I was essentially sold. Especially living in the Midwest and having owned a 4WD vehicle most-recently, the 4WD was a major selling point (aside from the prior mentioned luxury and performance).

So, I’m now the proud owner of a FULLY-loaded ’05 STS-4 and look forward to interacting and learning here on the forums.

Now that I’m writing all of this out, I’ve thought of a question. Would anyone know an easy way to determine the exact silver of my car? I know there’s a “light platinum” and a “silver smoke”. The dealership had it listed as “sand storm” but after looking at the swatches, that’s not even an option. I’d say it’s closer to the “light platinum”. Any info or guesses based on the photos? Thanks in advance!

911478-17-large.jpg
911478-19-large.jpg

·
Registered
2012 cadillac cts coupe and a 2004 retro bird
533 Posts
Welcome , the dealer can tell you what color you have if you give them the paint code. Look on your VIN PLATE on the door.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,963 Posts
On the bottom of the spare tire cover in the trunk is a label with all the option codes and the paint code for your car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts