Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2010 CTS Sedan, 3.6L, RWD Manual, Lux 1,2 and Performance
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to introduce myself. I just picked up a 2010 CTS Sedan, 3.6L, Lux 1, Lux 2, and Performance packages with a Manual transmission.

A lot to get to know on this car and I appreciate the huge bank of knowledge I have already found on this forum, it has answered many of my questions wonderfully.

One quick question, if I order the below product, does it also contain all the software updates for the Nav system as well? I am planning to do the rear camera install and would like to do a full update to the latest software as well as Map data.

http://gmnavdisc.navigation.com/product/Catalog/Catalog_Cadillac_CTS_2010/GM-North-America-Map-Update-Alpine-HDD-v.2014-zid23455274/en_US/GMNA/USD

Great to see such an active community. I have been a part of the Supra community for 15-ish years and am looking forward to getting to know this one as well.

Thank you!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes all Software is included including the Navy System but u do have to call it in and give them your VIN # and specify that u will install Rear View Camera.

·
Registered
2010 CTS Sedan, 3.6L, RWD Manual, Lux 1,2 and Performance
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I wasn't finding a clear answer searching. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
2012 CTS-4 Premium Sedan Radiant Silver w/ Touring Package / Recaro seats
16 Posts
I just wanted to introduce myself. I just picked up a 2010 CTS Sedan, 3.6L, Lux 1, Lux 2, and Performance packages with a Manual transmission.

A lot to get to know on this car and I appreciate the huge bank of knowledge I have already found on this forum, it has answered many of my questions wonderfully.

One quick question, if I order the below product, does it also contain all the software updates for the Nav system as well? I am planning to do the rear camera install and would like to do a full update to the latest software as well as Map data.

http://gmnavdisc.navigation.com/product/Catalog/Catalog_Cadillac_CTS_2010/GM-North-America-Map-Update-Alpine-HDD-v.2014-zid23455274/en_US/GMNA/USD
I'm new here too and have a 2012 sedan premium. Can I assume this update is a newer version than what's already in my 2012? Thanks for the info! Great forum!!

·
Registered
2012 CTS, thunder grey chromaflair
120 Posts
I'm new here too and have a 2012 sedan premium. Can I assume this update is a newer version than what's already in my 2012? Thanks for the info! Great forum!!
I think you can get to this screen by pressing the info button on the navigation screen. 20150602_092627.jpg ... I also have the 2012 model, but the map database is from 2010.

This is what I wrote on GM's facebook: "You can double your revenue by cutting the price on the map upgrade in half. Nowadays, nearly all of the Cadillac drivers use smartphone, which comes with Google maps for free!"

·
Registered
'09 1SB - Crystal Red w/Light Titanium
268 Posts
To get to this screen, press NAV, then CONFIG, then Map Data Base Information.
FYI

·
Registered
2012 CTS-4 Premium Sedan Radiant Silver w/ Touring Package / Recaro seats
16 Posts
To get to this screen, press NAV, then CONFIG, then Map Data Base Information.
FYI
Has anyone installed the newest version they offer, and if so, what data base version shows up on that screen?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts