Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
NONE
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading the forum for awhile and have just recently joined. I sell new Cadillacs in Austin, Texas. I am currently looking for a vintage Cadillac to own and drive.

A 92 Brougham deElegance with the 5.7 would be perfect, but any nice Brougham would work. I grew up riding in my father's Cadillacs. He generally got a new Coupe deVille every 4 years starting in 1960. Later on he had some Sedan deVille's and Fleetwoods too. I always loved that smooth, quiet ride.

The late model Broughams seems to be the most practical vintage Cadillac to own. They have that classic style and size, but a little easier to work on and find available parts.

I look forward to sharing pictures and experiences with the forum when I find the right Caddy.

Perhaps I can also share a little of what it is like to sell the brand new Cadillacs also.

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
4,798 Posts
welcome to the forums. I don't do bumper stickers but if I did it would be "Keep Austin Weird". Who is the Cadillac dealer in austin now? Many years ago, I was in sales and F&I at Bob Miller Porsche-Audi on Research Blvd. At that time I think Charles Maund was the Olds/Cadi dealer. One of my favorites was a 1975 SDV that was a trade in I bought, drove for several months and sold. Wish I still had it. Only problem was we had a brand new house and the car wouldn't fit in the garage. Even with the nose all the way to the sheetrock, the garage door wouldn't close over the rear bumper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts