Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1996 deville
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ive been lurking for a bit and finally joined... :tisk: to me for not joining sooner. im 26 years old,my name is Jay and i have a 96 deville. untill now its remained stock ( ive only had it a few months) which is actually a record for me, i usually throw the aftermarket at my cars and bikes within a couple of months, maybe its the lack of parts available or maybe i just didnt want to mess up a good thing, however i am now bored to death and the mod bug has bitten. a little background to explain my need for mods, i come from owning a series of 94-96 9c1 caprices and impalas, as well as a couple of ls1 ( well they started out ls1 anyway) powered camaros, im an avid sportbike enthusiast and currently ride own a zx7, a zx7 that is getting a zx-11 motor and losing some farings, and a zx-12, this winter a new hayabusa ( or an LE white and silver 06') will replace the 12 and the stock zx7. the first thing i woudl like to look into is lowering it, ive heard it can be jacked up in the front and given time to allow the air ride to be fooled into thinking it need to lower itself, then unplugging the air ride, the same procedure for the back, this sounds A). hokey and B). to easy to be true, does it work and if so what are the consequences aside from triggering the service ride control light? exhaust is a must, on my other cars louder is better however this is a caddy, i want it to make its presence known when need be but im not about to slap one chamber flows or spintech prostreets on it :) aside from cool shock value i think it defeats the cars purpose, i was thinking maybe a corsa or borla custom setup? and on to engine stuff, any sort of tuning software, cold air intakes, headers, thorttle bodies etc available? and last but not least am i barking up the wrong tree and should i just stick to simple stuff like paint, wheels and stereo? thanks for reading and thanks in advance for any input

Jay

Jay

·
Registered
Cadillac
65 Posts
aloha,
this is the best site eva! unfortunately u will lose hrs. off you life, because of this site, but u WILL find all the info u need.
out,
tucci

·
Registered
1996 Deville (sold), 2000 Mustang GT
1,300 Posts
You are pretty much up the creek when it comes to the aftermarket. The northstar is pretty much making as much horsepower as it will make from the factory. An exhaust will give you some ponies but thats about it. You can clean your throttle body. No tuning software, although a forum member is working on it. If you want a caddy that you can mod out, get a fleetwood with the LT1. Or start saving your cash for when the headgaskets blow, itll be about 3500 dollars to fix.

·
Registered
'93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED
5,929 Posts
As a New Lincoln owner, let me be among the first to welcome you!
(age ?) I am old enough to be your Grandfather ! :)

This is an excellent site, as you probably know and...don't sweat the Town Car, as I also own this worn-out & tired out Caddy:

http://www.smatarese.com/forum/sandy/

·
Registered
1996 deville
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys! i have been looking around on and off and havent found much for the northstar, i guess a t/b cleaning, a good exhaust, paint( two tone, oh yes.. it will be two tone), stereo and lowering it will be about it. i still want to figure out if fooling the ride control and un plugging it works.. any ideas? Sandy... worn out and tired my arse!!! :bonkers: that thing is spotless, did you buy it new?

·
Registered
93 Seville, 93 Fleetwood and a 96 Eldorado
132 Posts
There is not too many things you can do to add horse power aside from the basics like make it breath and improve spark. there are cone filters that work well through heavy throttle driving and a stock air boxx K&N filters that work very well through regular driving, but still provides performance improvements. MSD ignitions and Accel has some products that can go on a northstar to improve spark response. Reguardless of what you do to it, you are driving a Cadillac so what more do you need to say.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts