Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1461 - 1466 of 1466 Posts

· Registered
It's OK I'm a Limo driver
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,461 ·
Here is where the jack stand went into the oil pan.
Automotive tire Grey Silver Rim Automotive wheel system

Nice new pan
Gas Tableware Font Auto part Office equipment

I got the new pan installed, changed the oil and the filter too. I took it for a drive and no more pulling and it rode the best ever. It's ready for vacation time!

· Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,463 ·
After I got done replacing the oil pan on the Mini I worked on our driveway. Back in January we had a bad storm and the draininge canal overflowed and the water went right over my driveway and it created some massive potholes. It has taken 40 bags of concrete to fill them in. In the far back right of the pic you can see the gravel that was in the driveway.
Plant Tree Natural landscape Road surface Asphalt

· 2009 Escalade
2,178 Posts
My buddy had a property in OR and shared part of it with two neighbors. When he listed it for sale he asked the two neighbors to chip in for the 3rd of the drive they share. It needed more gravel to keep the dust down.

One said Ok and the other said no. He filled his huge dump trailer and started tossing gravel out, shovel by shovel. The guy that paid was so stoked he paid for the other neighbors gravel plus some more for labor. We think one neighbor repaid the other eventually because his wife shamed him for weeks.

Now he’s in CA living in a community with a homeowners association. He misses shoveling gravel over the HOA telling him his pick up is actually a commercial vehicle so he can’t park it on his driveway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

· Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,465 ·
Not having to deal with an HOA is the main reason we live in the country. Once it dries I'm going to get some gravel, I really want the chipped blacktop. It compacts down super hard and is almost as hard as blacktop.

· Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,466 ·
I installed the new blower relay in the R50 and the interior fan comes on instantly now. It was taking it's sweet time and I would drive 1/3 of the way to work without any heat.

I found that the drivers seat detection pad is bad in the Cabrio. I ordered a bypass module and hopefully that will get the airbag light out. It would be nice to have one Mini without an airbag light on.

1461 - 1466 of 1466 Posts