Cadillac Owners Forum banner

481 - 500 of 518 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Escalade ESV, 2018 Escalade
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #481
I got the windshield shade in today that I had ordered for the '07, works perfectly in the '18. I got Onstar, the my cadillac app, Sirius XM and all the other "stuff" set up on the '18. Mom in-law called the wife today and said just how much she just loved her new Cadillac. Going to have to give the Envoy a good cleaning and waxing since it has been a while for that truck. It rides good and that's all I really need to go back and forth to work in. Going on a 2 hours road trip on Saturday, of course we are taking the new truck.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #482
Hey everyone!
The mother in-law came over this weekend with the 07 Caddy, I sure miss the old girl. Still have the dye for the seats and I am going to try and do that one day soon. So far no problems at all with the truck, knock on wood. Mom in-law is loving the truck. I still planning on putting in new carpet next year just to finish her up. I also have a complete set of brakes to put on too. Did a good exterior detail on the Envoy and she shines like a new penny.

Been busy doing some upgrades on our American Tradition motorhome, she gets a new set of tires next week. Our cruise was canceled so we are going to take the motorhome to the beach for a week later on this summer. Waiting to see how this virus stuff plays out in Florida before we commit to a trip.

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,028 Posts
Rock on! Glad you are doing well. I miss the daily updates. Give mom-in-law the Envoy and take the Escalade back please? :)

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #484
Give mom-in-law the Envoy and take the Escalade back please? :)
I wish! She will want something a little smaller here in the near future and I will get the 07 back, so I'm not too worried about it.
I can say that not having to work on it daily / weekly has freed up time to work on a few other projects I have been neglecting.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #486
Nothing lately to update, Sorry guys. Mom in-law only drives it once or twice a week at most and so far no issues. I do miss driving it.
Bought 6 new tires for our Class A diesel pusher motorhome last week, that was $2,300 bucks. We are going to put them on the motorhome on Friday here at the shop.

One of the local lots has around an 07, short white Escalade they just got in. I may pop in and see what condition it's in and how much they want.

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,028 Posts
I've been looking at Amazon for the Toyo's you bought.. they keep messing with the price. Next time they drop to $150ish, I'm buying. I was all set to buy today and they back to $167ea

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #491
Since I have not been pouring money into the ESV anymore,I have doing some work on our motorhome. Our cruise was cancelled so we are going to the beach instead.
Found and fixed a small coolant leak, wasn't bad but I had to remove the alternator to tighten the clamp.
New wiper blades
Upgrading the docking lights to LED's
Fixed the fuel filler hose that got ripped off last year when we blew a front tire.
Installed a sound bar on the front TV.
I have a new kitchen faucet to install.
I bought a new spring for the awning, that's getting put on Saturday.
I have a new set of tires ready to put on Saturday too. 6 motorhome tires cost me $2,300 bucks.

So I have been busy just not on the 07. Still going to try and dye the seats sometime soon.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #492
Today was quite a day. Wife called at 4:30 this afternoon and said the mom in-law was in a accident in town in the ESV. Thinking the worst I rushed to the scene which is about 5 minutes from my work. I saw the other car first on the wrecker and I was like OMG the Caddy has got to be totaled.

Ran over to make sure the mom in-law was OK and she was and apologized 10 times. The drivers side rear tire was rolled off the rim from the impact and dented the rim. Not sure what to expect I went over to the passenger side.

I was shocked at how little damage there was to the ESV.
The door is going to have to be replaced, the running board is warped, fender liner is mangled. It looks like a majority of the impact was on the rim/ axle. The tires is not even flat.

The axle seems to be pushed back about an inch or two because the lower trailing arm bushing is screwed up. The drivers side of the axle looks fine. Other than that I don't see any other damage.For some reason the radiator overflow tank cracked, I guess because of the force of the impact so I have one of those coming too. I will pull the rim/ tire off tomorrow and see if the axle itself is bent or any other damage I could not see. I have 2 new rims already on order, waiting on ordering the trailing arms and torque rod in case I have to replace the whole rear axle. We drove it off the road and into a parking lot. Told the tow truck guy to drop it at my work so I can look it over.

On a side note the car she pulled out in front of had 2 Army recruiters inside, neither one hurt, just kinda ironic that I retired from the Army.

The adventure continues.....

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,028 Posts
That's a tough truck! Looks like the Ford Fusion ran into a gorilla and the gorilla won! Glad she's ok.

Insurance might total it if they get into the suspension issues. Thankfully no airbags so there could be some hope in the resurrection

Hope for the best!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #494
I'm going to have to fix it myself since we only had liability. From everything I see so far it is fixable and not going to be too much for the mechanical stuff, my labor is free. I can't/ won't do body work so that's going to cost me. That's going to have to wait till after the holidays.

Since it is here at work I just got back from looking at it again. The passenger door opens and closes fine, other than the big dent. No broken glass. I ordered a new tire because the passenger rear has some big gashes in it but it's still holding air. No damage to the sway bar, shock or anything else, it looks like the only damage is to the bottom trailing arm and rims. I ordered one new trailing arm just to try and get the axle back straight. Still need to make sure the axle itself is not bent and I will have it put on a frame machine. So far I'm about $800 in for parts. 2 new rims, a new tire, coolant reservoir and control arm. There is a junkyard about an hour away that has a wrecked 07 caddy with rear end if I need one and also has a running board.

I am still in awe at what little damage was done to the Caddy.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #495 (Edited)
It looks like taking the spare tire down takes a degree in mechanical engineering.

Called the wrecking yard, Running board is $300, an axle is $1200 and new door is $500. Come to find out I know the guy because he has come into the dealership before and he says there is a little wiggle room on price.

·
Registered
2004 ESV
873 Posts
I recall having issues removing the spare in my 04 ESV. Living in the south, there wasn't any rust, but the spare removal tool feels like it's 50 pieces, and even the engineers didn't know how to operate it.

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,028 Posts
I'm going to have to fix it myself since we only had liability. From everything I see so far it is fixable and not going to be too much for the mechanical stuff, my labor is free. I can't/ won't do body work so that's going to cost me. That's going to have to wait till after the holidays.

Since it is here at work I just got back from looking at it again. The passenger door opens and closes fine, other than the big dent. No broken glass. I ordered a new tire because the passenger rear has some big gashes in it but it's still holding air. No damage to the sway bar, shock or anything else, it looks like the only damage is to the bottom trailing arm and rims. I ordered one new trailing arm just to try and get the axle back straight. Still need to make sure the axle itself is not bent and I will have it put on a frame machine. So far I'm about $800 in for parts. 2 new rims, a new tire, coolant reservoir and control arm. There is a junkyard about an hour away that has a wrecked 07 caddy with rear end if I need one and also has a running board.

I am still in awe at what little damage was done to the Caddy.
If I saw both post-trauma pictures of both vehicles, I'd say that there is no way that the Escalade was involved with the Fusion. That Fusion is DONE.

Hope it's an easy fix. In a roundabout way, thanks for the reminder on the spare. I think it's the only thing I haven't touched on mine and it's in need of some exercise to ensure it'll actually drop when needed.

Good luck with parts hunting!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #498
I ended up taking off the whole bracket off to get the spare down, what a real pain. I would highly encourage you to give yours a test drive BEFORE you need it. Got it in the bay and the rear end and the axle shaft both look ok. It did push the rear end back about an inch and half. It almost pulled the bushings completely out of the lower control arm. No other damage that we could see.

Coolant tank arriving tomorrow
Control arm on Saturday
Both new rims on Saturday
New tire expected Tuesday next week.
I already have the TPMS sensors.
Other than body work the mechanicals should be repaired before Thanksgiving. Fingers crossed there isn't something hidden that we missed.

I thought for sure the Caddy was going to be total loss after seeing the car on the wrecker. I am still shocked at how little damage was done to the Caddy.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #499
The coolant tank will be delivered today and the tire is already in Atlanta so it will hopefully be here on Saturday along with the rims. Hopefully everything shows up on Saturday and the tire place is open on Sunday so I might run to town and get the tires put on the rims then run to work and install the control arm along with the rims and tires. I can then put the truck on jack stands and check the axle to see if it's bent. If that checks out then I'll take it for a drive around the neighborhood and see how it rides. Fingers crossed that it will be OK.

One of the techs that works for me his family owns a collision center with a frame machine, he is going to see how much they will charge me to put it on the frame machine and check it out.

Searched for repair panels last night, very reasonable in price to buy. It's the installation and paint that's going to cost me. I am thinking of buying the rear door then the only thing to really fix would be the piece between the door and the tire. Going to pull the fender liner out today and see how much of the dent I can massage out of the rear quarter panel. Also going to look at the running board to see if it is salvageable.

481 - 500 of 518 Posts