Cadillac Owners Forum banner

481 - 491 of 491 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Escalade ESV, 2018 Escalade
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #481
I got the windshield shade in today that I had ordered for the '07, works perfectly in the '18. I got Onstar, the my cadillac app, Sirius XM and all the other "stuff" set up on the '18. Mom in-law called the wife today and said just how much she just loved her new Cadillac. Going to have to give the Envoy a good cleaning and waxing since it has been a while for that truck. It rides good and that's all I really need to go back and forth to work in. Going on a 2 hours road trip on Saturday, of course we are taking the new truck.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #482
Hey everyone!
The mother in-law came over this weekend with the 07 Caddy, I sure miss the old girl. Still have the dye for the seats and I am going to try and do that one day soon. So far no problems at all with the truck, knock on wood. Mom in-law is loving the truck. I still planning on putting in new carpet next year just to finish her up. I also have a complete set of brakes to put on too. Did a good exterior detail on the Envoy and she shines like a new penny.

Been busy doing some upgrades on our American Tradition motorhome, she gets a new set of tires next week. Our cruise was canceled so we are going to take the motorhome to the beach for a week later on this summer. Waiting to see how this virus stuff plays out in Florida before we commit to a trip.

·
Registered
Cadillac
866 Posts
Rock on! Glad you are doing well. I miss the daily updates. Give mom-in-law the Envoy and take the Escalade back please? :)

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #484
Give mom-in-law the Envoy and take the Escalade back please? :)
I wish! She will want something a little smaller here in the near future and I will get the 07 back, so I'm not too worried about it.
I can say that not having to work on it daily / weekly has freed up time to work on a few other projects I have been neglecting.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #486
Nothing lately to update, Sorry guys. Mom in-law only drives it once or twice a week at most and so far no issues. I do miss driving it.
Bought 6 new tires for our Class A diesel pusher motorhome last week, that was $2,300 bucks. We are going to put them on the motorhome on Friday here at the shop.

One of the local lots has around an 07, short white Escalade they just got in. I may pop in and see what condition it's in and how much they want.

·
Registered
Cadillac
866 Posts
I've been looking at Amazon for the Toyo's you bought.. they keep messing with the price. Next time they drop to $150ish, I'm buying. I was all set to buy today and they back to $167ea

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #491
Since I have not been pouring money into the ESV anymore,I have doing some work on our motorhome. Our cruise was cancelled so we are going to the beach instead.
Found and fixed a small coolant leak, wasn't bad but I had to remove the alternator to tighten the clamp.
New wiper blades
Upgrading the docking lights to LED's
Fixed the fuel filler hose that got ripped off last year when we blew a front tire.
Installed a sound bar on the front TV.
I have a new kitchen faucet to install.
I bought a new spring for the awning, that's getting put on Saturday.
I have a new set of tires ready to put on Saturday too. 6 motorhome tires cost me $2,300 bucks.

So I have been busy just not on the 07. Still going to try and dye the seats sometime soon.

481 - 491 of 491 Posts