Cadillac Owners Forum banner

461 - 480 of 518 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,028 Posts
OMG this new Escalade has so many new features it will take me forever to learn how to use them all. The HUD is pretty awesome. The wife is a little sad I traded her car but the sting is wearing off the more she looks at the new ride.
Is the new one the long body also?

How does it feel on the road compared to the '07?

·
Registered
2007 Escalade ESV, 2018 Escalade
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #463
I'll post a pic when I get to work.
We bought a short one this time. It's just me the wife and one kiddo so we figured we would be OK with a short one. I was a little disappointed it wasn't an ESV but the wife likes the short version better, easier for her to park. Electric folding rear seats so adding groceries is going to be easy especially for her too, she won't have to get in and flip the seats down.

I have not driven it on the the highway yet but the wife says the power and the ride are both superior over the 07. I did take it to the corner store and if you just barely touch the throttle and it goes. It has a full time rear view camera so if the DVD screen is down you still have a full view out the back of the truck, which is nice. The son was upset because we could not figure out how to get the DVD player to work, it would play the movie but no sound, he loves his movies in the truck. I'll be reading the owner's manual tonight on DVD operation!

By downsizing the heard and trading in the wife's car and my suburban and dropping insurance on both I am just about even on paying out every month. I decided to keep the 05 envoy that I traded with the mon in-law and use it to commute back and forth while I do some work to my dodge 4x4. Plus the mom in-law is still intimidated by the shear size of the 07, if she keeps if for a week or two and decides to trade back I'm good with that. I'm still going to replace the carpet in the 07, just not in a rush. The envoy was the first SUV the wife and I bought after we got married so I'm cool with driving it. I will upgrade the radio in it.

I got the dealer to throw in a complete set of all weather floor mats, I do want to add mud flaps since our driveway is a combo of dirt and rock. I hate dirt slinging up on the running boards from the tires. Also on the new wish list is a windshield sunshade and front plate holder. Thinking of vent visors too but not fully committed on that yet.

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,028 Posts
Super nice, man. Happy for you! The black is the best with the chrome accents. Looks really sharp for sure.

I haven't looked into any features on the new ones, is this one full-time AWD or does it have a Lo/Hi switchable transfer case with 2/4WD option?

CUE ! The nemesis of GM. You'll have the rear seat entertainment figured out before you know it. Probably have it fixed already

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,028 Posts
Pretty sure all the 2015+ 4WD models have the option to select 2WD/4WD L/4WD H/AWD
So, when tying the tow hitches together, which one out-pulls the other? :cool:

·
Registered
2014 Escalade Platinum
50 Posts
Beautiful truck! I hope you guys enjoy it! My 2014 Platinum is black too. They look awesome all shined up! Mine has ebony interior. Is that what's in yours?

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #469
We have a 4 year old son so the interior is black!! We have light cashmere in the 07 and did not want another light interior!
The new one is 2 wheel drive.
The chrome snowflake rims were the ones I really wanted and they came on this one. They sure are pretty all cleaned up but I do need more rock on my driveway to keep the dust off the back. Neither mine nor the wife's phone has wireless charging, I told her I would buy her a new phone too!

·
Registered
Cadillac
1,028 Posts
Are the snowflake rims 20's or 22's ?

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #473
So we get home yesterday and the wife and I are outside, she looks at me and says, so do you like your new truck? I said it's our truck for you and vacations. Today she and says this will be super nice on the highway, more practical than the car. She then comes by and drops off the new caddy and says I guess I will be nice and let you drive it home. What in the world ?? Yesterday it was my truck. She tallk's a good game but I know the real deal.

·
Registered
2004 ESV
873 Posts
I have 2 cars I drive. My 04 ESV, and a 1980 280ZX. The ZX is manual, and the wife can't drive a manual. The ESV is way too big for her, and she wants nothing to do with it.

You need to buy cars in which your wife has no interest.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #475
You need to buy cars in which your wife has no interest.
The problem is we both like just about the same type of vehicles. I knew she would love it, she had to go to town today so it really grew on her as she was pimping her new ride around town.

She still talks about the HUD, she thinks that is just the most awesome thing.

·
Registered
2004 ESV
873 Posts
I'm just busting your cajones. Happy wife, happy life.

I want to get another manual transmission vehicle with power steering so I can teach the wife to drive a manual. My ZX wasn't optioned with power steering. I love it, but it would be a hard car to drive for someone not used to no power steering and can't drive a manual.

·
Registered
2004 ESV
873 Posts
Oh, goodness no. It's something I love about the car. It only has 205 width tires on 14" wheels. Only time it's any real work is at low/no speed and I need to turn. When in motion, I can't tell there's no power steering.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Your post reminds me why I took this journey. I have a Beautiful 2009 Black ESV. My own personal Dragon(Dracarys). But the last two years have been HELL.
  1. It started with an oil leak, AFTER the Cadillac dealer did an oil change. I had the oil gasket replaced.
  2. Then, it started jerking and loosing power, on the road. Things like turning on the radio or AC, could make it fall dead.
  3. The signals are going haywire. Airbag indicator stays on. Constant beeping accompanied by a indicator that says "Oil pressure low. Stop engine now'. Onstar makes an announcement any time we open/ shut the door. The radio constantly displays 'Call ended'. One minute the rearview signal works, the next, it's stuck in the on position.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #480
I'm just busting your cajones. Happy wife, happy life.
On offense taken.
My ultimate goal in all of this was to have an Escalade that is road worthy to take on vacations, we have a cruise in September and I think we are going to drive down to the Key West next year. When we got that Maserati we really should have bought an Escalade. She never really drove the car that much and this new caddy is a lot more practical for us. It's just me and the wife that drive so we didn't need 6 vehicles. Now we are down from 6 to 4 which will make keeping what we have cleaned and serviced a heck of a lot easier on me. We will get the mom in-law whatever vehicle (used) she wants next year and then I will get my ESV back.

The dye for the seats came in so I will do that, I will also replace the carpet too. Not in a big hurry to either one right now. The mom in-law is tickled pink about the ESV so I will let her enjoy it for a little bit before I dye the seats.

Your post reminds me why I took this journey.
Isn't it so much fun!
Trying to get the airbag fault light fixed was really the only thing that made me pull my hair out. I liked taking something that needed love and getting it back to the condition it should have been in. It's beautiful and now mechanically sound.

461 - 480 of 518 Posts