Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member and first post!
Not new Escalades, this is our third. Last night I picked up a 2007 ESV in Pearl White. The exterior is immaculate except for needing a good wash and wax, the interior not so much. Nothing really broken but the carpets and interior is extremely dirty, with the carpets being the worst. The service suspension light is on, service airbag light is on and the TPMS does not seem to be working either. The navigation DVD is MIA but I ordered a replacement off of Ebay. I ordered 2 replacement key fobs last night since the ones it came with are inoperative. Runs great but the transmission needs a fluid and filter change for sure. There is a noticeable vibration at 70. Going to check the suspension and probibly get a new set of tires once I make sure everything is good and tight.

Always wanted a ESV in pearl white. She is beautiful but it looks like it will be quite an adventure and labor of love (cash) to get things sorted out correctly. :) She will be an awesome vehicle once I get her back to where she needs to be.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just ordered me a OBDLink MX+ to read the suspension and airbag faults. Checked all the fuses going to the air compressor and all good, so I'm almost positive the compressor is bad. Looks like all the TPMS sensor batteries are dead so will order new ones. There are no reading on the display and I tired the relearn with no luck. There is an oil leak coming from the engine so I need to be prepared for an oil pan and/or rear main seal replacement.

Feels like I am eating an elephant but I'll take it one bite at a time.

·
2007 Escalade
2007 Escalade AWD
162 Posts
Just ordered me a OBDLink MX+ to read the suspension and airbag faults. Checked all the fuses going to the air compressor and all good, so I'm almost positive the compressor is bad. Looks like all the TPMS sensor batteries are dead so will order new ones. There are no reading on the display and I tired the relearn with no luck. There is an oil leak coming from the engine so I need to be prepared for an oil pan and/or rear main seal replacement.

Feels like I am eating an elephant but I'll take it one bite at a time.
Since your key fobs AND your TPMS aren't working, it could be your remote control receiver, which controls both.
Sometimes they can just be flashed with a Tech 2.
Mine was dead though, and had to get the receiver replaced last month. Cost was about $500.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The key fobs are taped together and look really bad so I just ordered new ones. The new ones will be delivered today so I will see if they pair tonight. Good lord I hope it's not the receiver.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ordered the cheap grey ones. I will upgrade to nicer ones when I am sure the receiver is not burnt out.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great news!!
The new remotes came in today and they paired up perfectly! So the remote receiver is working and I have keyless entry and remote start!! So now I am almost certain the TPMS sensor batteries are dead, they are 13 years old. My reader will be here tomorrow so I can see what's up with the suspension and airbag lights. One more bite of the elephant.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
The passenger side captains chair wasn't folding up electrically or doing anything else, The PO must have unplugged it for some reason. I also replaced the broken outside door handle. YAY for easy fixes!! I pressure washed the 2 carpeted covers that go under the 2nd row captains chairs since I already had one out. There is old dried soda everywhere inside this truck. I also pulled out the cup holder in the center console and soaked it in soapy water to get all the crude off of it and in between the cracks.The front left CV axle made a clunk yesterday and I found the small clamp is missing on the boot. New axle is on order.

Map dvd with be in on Monday and a new wheel center cap not far behind.
Next on the plan of attack is rear main seal, the suspension light, airbag light and TPMS light. My new code reader came in yesterday so I will pull the codes this morning and figure out the game plan. My wife said last night by the time I get done I will have this whole truck rebuilt, I said it's a lot cheaper than buying a new one! My labor is free!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Pulled the codes with my handy dandy new code reader. Sent me to the right rear where I found the level sensor rod had come off and was bent, straightened it out in my vise and no more suspension light!!! Gotta love a free fix!! Tightened the arm rests on the captain chairs and did some much needed lubing around the truck.
Airbag code is showing a bad drivers front sensor, new one on order
TPMS sensors on order
Rear main seal kit on order
CV axle on order
The air compressor is still not coming on, fuses are good so I will bite the bullet and order a new one and shocks on payday.
Less than a thousand in parts to fix it all, I'm not complaining one bit !

·
Registered
2016 Escalade ESV, 2017 GMC Sierra 6.2
1,465 Posts
You sure it’s the rear main and not the oil pan gasket? Oil pan would be an easier first attempt.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The oil is coming out the inspection hole and the starter. One of my mechanics is going to help me when I do it and we will replace both. Once and done I hope.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All the repair parts are on order so I play the waiting game. Wanted to do a good interior clean up this weekend but we had bad storms come thru Saturday. We lost power when a huge pine tree fell on the power line. Lived off our backup generator for 30 hours.
Going to try and remove the suspension compressor sometime this week and see if I can bench check the pump.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The map DVD came in and it works perfectly !!
Today the TPMS sensors came in along with the transmission filter kit and rear main seal kit.
Still waiting on the crash sensor and the front CV axle.
I guess I will wait till it all comes in and devise a plan of attack.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The CV axle arrived yesterday! Going to change the transmission fluid and filter at lunch. I will also try to replace the CV axle too. The crash sensor will arrive on Friday. One of the salesman I work with has a friend that owns a tire store, going to see how much they charge to install the TPMS sensors. Worst case I'll take the rims off and run them to Walmart.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Changed the trans fluid and filter yesterday. It seems part of the leak under the truck is coming from the torque converter seal too. Funny thing is I got a new seal because I figured if I was going to drop the transmission I might as well replace that seal too. I will install the new CV axle today at lunch because I ran out of time yesterday. I will drop the air ride compressor and bench test it. I will install the TPMS and front crash sensors on Saturday. Current plan is to drop the transmission soon and fix the 2 leaks. Yesterday I found the front differential had some bad mounts causing a cluck. I will replace those too.

I love this truck but there is a lot more things going on with it than I was expecting. I will be glad when I get everything sorted out.

·
Registered
Cadillac
454 Posts
Lots of fun, right?!

What mileage is on the truck?

Looking forward to sharing ideas and follies with you. Picking up my pearl ESV this weekend and will start along your path right away of tackling the annoying things that a prior bad owner neglected.

The dealer already took care of replacing the rotted exhaust manifolds and busted bolts. I figure everything else past that is easy! Hahaha!

Will probably start another thread and defintiely hope to share stories with you. These are special trucks and deserve to be cared for most definitely. Rock on :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
She has 239 thousand. I probibly should have walked away when I was looking at it but I bought it anyway. The mechanic in me kept saying it's all minor stuff and you can fix it. The list seems to getting longer and not shorter. I'm a stickler to fixing things right and not rushing it. The wife asked me again last night: Are you sure you got a good deal? We have a cruise in September so I want to have everything repaired and have her all cleaned up so we can drive it down to Florida.

1 - 20 of 173 Posts