Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been getting some great info from this board since I bought my Caddy last month. I recently got a 'service engine soon' and 'check gas cap' warning. I was able to do the diag check thanks to this board!

I got a P0440 code, my cap appears to be tight. Could it be loose clamps or something more complicated? I have 50,000 on it, and everything appears to be normal.

I would also like to give kudo's to this board for the knowledge I've acquired about the Eldorado interior door panel. Right now the 'clips' are broke but I think I can fix it. It's quite the pain in the arse.

I do love my ride though!!!

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Welcome..... Thanks for signing up :wave:

Ill copy this into the eldorado section......!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
80greyhound said:
I've been getting some great info from this board since I bought my Caddy last month. I recently got a 'service engine soon' and 'check gas cap' warning. I was able to do the diag check thanks to this board!

I got a P0440 code, my cap appears to be tight. Could it be loose clamps or something more complicated? I have 50,000 on it, and everything appears to be normal.

I would also like to give kudo's to this board for the knowledge I've acquired about the Eldorado interior door panel. Right now the 'clips' are broke but I think I can fix it. It's quite the pain in the arse.

I do love my ride though!!!
Evap code P0440- gotta love it. Basics- The PCM puts the fuel tank into a vac. These is a vac. purge valve on the plen. up frt. and a canister purge valve at the evap canister under the car. The vac. is read by a sensor on the fuel tank. One of these is your problem. You system will not hold vac. because of a leak in the sys. Hole in hose, seal at sender leaking. One of the two valves leak- more common one in the pruge valve at the plen/intake. It sits next to the EGR valve. Find the green screw lid in a black line. The black line is your evap line, follow to your vavle. Next most common is the tank pressure sensor on top of the fuel tank sender unit. Never seen a fuel cap bad.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Believe it or not, after a few attempts at REALLY pressing down on the cap, the message went away. I guess no news is good news. Thanks for the help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts